Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

cant email support

Contributor
fijifred
Accepted Solution

cant email support

After signing in to contact Nokia, I cant send my email as the page asks you to select language but gives you no options to select, thereby stopping you from sending the email. So I am resorting to posting here.

I purchased 2 Nokia N9's as I thought my partner and I having the same phone would make life easy for updates, operating each others fones, sharing info etc. No regrets there. We both love the phones and the operating system. 

The actual problem I wanted to report via email is that when setting up a new N9 there are several options to choose from as territory. I am based in Fiji and cant seem to choose NZ so want to set it as Australia but because the screen is so sensitive, when swiping it selected and set a middle eastern country. It seems I can now not reset it, and this is an issue as the ovi store will only go to that region.  Is there any way you can reset it, or it may require you to change the program to allow changes.

As I said above, we have 2 and 1 phone is set up with Australia, having learnt to be very careful when swiping during the selection phase. 

With iTunes you can change country, but if you purchase credit in one you cant change until the credit is used up, I find this handy as I purchase credit (via recharge cards)  while travelling so it doesnt impact on where the credit is purchased. This may be something to consider. 

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: cant email support

[ Edited ]

@fijifred

Provided that you backup first, you could always use the "Clear device" function to return it to "Out of box" state by carrying out the following:-

1. Open “Settings”
  2. Tap “Reset”
  3. Choose “Clear device”
  4. Tap “Yes” to confirm the process.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Contributor
fijifred

Does that wipe everything, so we have to reload all the songs etc. Mind you it is new so not too bad to do. I will give it a go and see if it does the trick. 

Contributor
fijifred

Thanks, that solved the problem. I was able to reset the country, and have only reloaded the music not the music videos. And then have played the songs to make sure it is fixed. My partner and I got matching fones so 1 of them still needs to be reset, just it has a lot more music so the music videos dont come up very often and therefore it isnt as annoying as it was on the other fone.  much apreciated.

Contributor
sumaiyariyad

[ Edited ]

Hi  fijifred

Im to living in Fiji .. Im also having same problem pls help me out of this ... 

Thanks

Sumaiya

Moderator's notes: personal information removed. Nokia does not recommend users to post sensitive information on the forums. 

Advisor

recost my ovi.com phone nember
Nurhusien
Contributor
sdpanisdp

Nokia c2_00 is a problematic,the sim 2 is depended the sim1.but,sim 1 is not support by settings chenged favaur to sim1
Registered Member
Behnamshirzad

Hi
dear nokia i can't use my email in my asha 311
i have nokia account and i use nokia for 9 years but now when i pressing email app ( original app on phon meno) see this error (service is not available)
mersi
help me