Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: A question about wifi hotspot

Counsellor

A question about wifi hotspot

[ Edited ]

HI there! I have the Nokia E5 and i was wondering if the phone can be setup or is capable of being a wifi hotspot? if yes may i know how?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Yes it can. All you need is an app called Joiky Spot and it is downloadable from Ovi Store. Use the link below.

http://store.ovi.com/content/7499?clickSource=search

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

Stupid question:

Will the signal be dependent on your network signal?

Can i connect any device that has wifi on it? and how many device can i connect?

Any tips or tricks that i need to do or remember?

My Galaxy Tab can't seem to find my Nokia E5. any help plese?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The wifi signal is from your phone so not dependent on your network but the connection speed from your phone to the network will be dependant on the network signal.

You should be able to connect most devices. I have certainly not have had any problems with any of my devices. You can connec multiple devices but I can't remember the limit. The most I have ever connected myself is 2 at anytime.

One thing to note is, there are 2 versions of Joiku, the free version and the paid version. The main difference is the free version has no encryption/security which means it is an open network. While it is fine to use at home, trying to use it is a public place such as an airport will result in every mobile device searching for a open network connecting to it.  

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

My Galaxy Tab can't seem to find my Nokia E5. any help please?

* I've downloaded the Lite version

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I don't have a Tab but I have had no problems with other Android devices.

I see you have downloaded the LIte version which will give you an open network so your Tab should connect pretty much automatically.  Did you set up Joiku properly, i.e. did you specify the correct mobile internet access point? You also need to have Joiky running.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

May i know how to check if i made the correct access point? any more checks i need to do?

please help...

Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

--check out the joikuspot faq:

http://www.joiku.com/ckeditor_assets/attachments/12/JOIKUSPOT%20PREMIUM%20FREQUENTLY%20ASKED%20QUEST...

--also the user guides:

http://www.joiku.com/help/documents

--you can ask a question on facebook; the developers monitor and answer questions:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joikucom/6178302786

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
amit1051

Can anyone tell me if I can use my other Android Phone to access the Wifi using Joiku Lite? I am not able to find it using the lite version.
Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

No, definitely not. Android, unlike current iOS, Windows and Mac OS, will not recognize "ad-hoc" networks, such as the type that Joikuspot enables. It was apparently felt that it was a security risk. So no, do not buy Joikuspot for this purpose.
Please use plain text.