Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: BT on Nokia 700

Contributor
misterxxx
Accepted Solution

BT on Nokia 700

Hi, I have a new 700 that works fine but is not possible to use BT connection on Acer Iconia W501; on the home PC or other laptops is ok and I guess the prb is BT driver.

I red on Nokia support page that compatible drivers on Win7 are:

• Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit editions:

• Microsoft Windows Bluetooth stack
    • WIDCOMM Bluetooth stack, driver versions 6.x
    • Toshiba Bluetooth stack, driver versions 5.10.12, 6.10.10, and 6.30.01
    • IVT BlueSoleil Bluetooth stack, driver versions 5.0.5, 6.2.227.11, and 6.4.245.0

but i'm not able to find one of these ... is raelly that the prb? where I can find a compatible driver? I have do remove win7 suite driver BT sw on my ACer before?

Thx ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
misterxxx

edit: in system info I read BT installed is:
Microsoft (Ver.: 6.1.7600, Build: 16385), Active

that's right?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Hi misterxxx,

Welcome to the Nokia Discussion Boards!

• Do you see any error message or error code in Device Manager?
  • Did you install the latest Nokia PC Suite Software on the computer? If yes then, which version?

Make sure that your phone is compatible with Windows 7.

Windows 7 Compatibility Center

I will suggest you to install the latest Windows 7 compatible Bluetooth device driver from the system manufacturer’s website and then check if the issue persists. You also need the latest Windows 7 compatible Nokia PC Suite software installed on the computer. Install the Bluetooth drivers first and then install the Nokia PC Suite Software on the computer.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

For more information have a look at the following links:

Add a Bluetooth enabled device to your computer

Change settings for a Bluetooth enabled device

Add a Bluetooth or other wireless or network device: frequently asked questions

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
misterxxx

No error codes in DM; BT device is correctly recognized and it works fine exept with Nokia 700. Nokia PC Suite is 3.3.86 ver. (the last) and it works on 700 via USB but not via BT.
I don't know why cause 700 works fine on desktop pc and not on Acer W501 ... my old N97-mini works good, why 700 not ????
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

I've just done a quick search and it looks like the Acer W501 has a Bluetooth profile 3.0, but the Nokia 700 has a Bluetooth profile of 2.1. As 3.0 is not backwards compatible with 2.1, you won't be able to pair the two devices unfortunately. 

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
misterxxx

@%?! ... is it possible to solve downgrading w501 profile or upgrading 700 profile??
Please use plain text.
Contributor
misterxxx

edit: nokia web site reports 700 as 3.0 USB device ...
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

USB and bluetooth are two different things...was it not bluetooth you wanted to connect by?

Also the Nokia 700 has a Bluetooth supported profile 2.1 and a protocol of 3.0.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
misterxxx

I want to connect Nokia 700 to W501 via BT;
is there a solution for incompatibility profiles?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

I'm afraid there is not a way to connect incompatible profiles, but you can try use a bluetooth dongle which has the same profile and connect that way.

Hope this answers your initial question of the thread.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
misterxxx

Yes, thx.
Other way, I thought to use Juikospot even if is a battery consumer.

Thx
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
killerbob

I don't think this issue is solved.

I own a Dell Vostro with Dell Wireless 1702 Bluetooth v3.0+HS integrated chip.

I had a Nokia N78 with Bluetooth 2.0 and it could communicate with the PC.

I recently bought a Nokia 700 and it can't communicate via Bluetooth with the PC. It works only via USB. When I try to pair the devices it seems that Windows 7 64bit can't find the drivers.

Please use plain text.