Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Bluetooth driver Windows 7 - N8

Counsellor
MIPAPO

Bluetooth driver Windows 7 - N8

My PC doesn't find the drivers for the bluetooth N8 in Windows 7 64 bit. 

Some solution?

Please use plain text.
Professor
matt_t

Is it all drivers or just some of them?  Windows 7 fails to find 4 bluetooth drivers for me, but successfully installs others.  With Ovi Suite running, sync works fine though and I can access the phone's storage though Windows Explorer.

Nokia N8 on O2-UK
Firmware 022.014
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
MIPAPO

me too...

but I have intermittent problems of connection,  doesn't always find the the telephone and in other moments, it says that the the telephone is busy

Please use plain text.
Sage

I have no problems with Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit and my Nokia N8 over Bluetooth except that many drivers cannot be found. I can sync, access the storages, etc. and i don't have any problems with the connection.

Nokia Bug Tracking System @ http://dev.an3k.de/bugtracker/
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
MIPAPO

missing the drivers for Windows to recognize as a telephone N8, for that reason in "divice Manager"  is not recognized the telephone. and windows doesn't assign of IRQ, neither port.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Davix

Wow I formatted my pc cuz i thought my bluetooth wasn`t working. Where can i get those **bleep**ing drivers

Please use plain text.
Professor

I noticed as follows under Seven" 64 bit: as I installed my N8 , Seven recognized all drivers and the phone was correctly checked among the bt units . Then, as I opened OVI Suite, a further 4 drivers install started, and all of them failed. Everything with OVI Suite works ok, though..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I have the same problem with Vista.

I have no problem connecting my N8 to Nokia PC Suite, provided I use an older version (since the new versions refuse to support the N8). But, with Ovi Suite, I get connectivity problems, it fails to install software to the phone and (everytime I boot my PC) the Windows Vista laptop fails to be able to load all required drivers for my expensive and barely-functional bluetooth device (the Nokia N8).

. . . and, I see this thread is one of the many, many discussions that has no resolution. So, I guess I'm just adding my voice to the many others crying here in the darkness.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
proart

I have the same problem.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PauloBecker

I guess my problem's even worse. On my computer (a Dell Latitude 630) I can't find my N8 (even though I have bluetooth turned on and visibility show to all on the phone), and my N8 also can't find my computer. I tried overwriting the default Windows 7 bluetooth stack by downloading a driver from Dell support page, but after installing it I didn't see any changes to my bluetooth application.

Does anyone know if the N8 is somehow incompatible with Dell's bluetooth drivers?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nick8suall

IM getting peed of with the n8 Bluetooth constantly telling me can't fined a driver ,i don't think nokia are up to speed with this phone but sell it any way ,and we suckers have to wait till they sort there

**bleep** out and send up dates to phones,

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ddexter

Re: Bluetooth driver Windows 7 (64 bit) - N8

[ Edited ]

Having same issue. Unable to connect to windows 7 PC via bluetooth. 'Unable to find drivers for bluetooth peripheral device'

There seem to be a lot of posts with the same issue, but none with solutions. Nokia guys! please look in to it. It is so upsetting :smileysad: when facing such petty issues in such a wonderful phone.

Please use plain text.
mikeyalltrade

Hi Guys

This is quite a simple fix. First you need to open OVI suite on your computer. Do not connect your N8 using a usb cable, just select connect another device. When prompted select "use Bluetooth"

as the option. This will then load all of the required drivers onto you computer extracting them from the OVI suite. You can then sync using Bluetooth or simply close your OVI suite and use Bluetooth as normal on your pc laptop etc.

Enjoy.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ddexter

mikeyalltrade wrote:

Hi Guys

This is quite a simple fix. First you need to open OVI suite on your computer. Do not connect your N8 using a usb cable, just select connect another device. When prompted select "use Bluetooth"

as the option. This will then load all of the required drivers onto you computer extracting them from the OVI suite. You can then sync using Bluetooth or simply close your OVI suite and use Bluetooth as normal on your pc laptop etc.

Enjoy.

Dude, i don't think the people here can't figure out a simple solution as this. What you are saying is what which is supposed to happen ideally by default. But that's not happening with us (the PC is not automatically able to load the drivers) and that's why we are all here. And still no solution!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VALERA_N8

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bplett

Many Thanks "Valera_N8" ! It works (no notion why...) :-)

(Win7 64-bit Home Premium (up to date), N8 V. 014.002 PR1.2)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sundar1976

blue tooth  perpheral device is not installed fro windows 7 help me and give the relevant drivers fro windows 7 64 bit

Please use plain text.
Sage
dumpystig

After having all the reported problems with Bluetooth/N8/Win7 64bit I bought a BTv3.0 USB adapter to replace my v2.0, but still the setup wouldn't work.

Out of desperation I installed the Asus/Atheros driver from the d/l link in the earlier post by VALERA_N8 and it has worked like a charm - NO MORE of those bloody yellow question marks in Device Manager.

So big Kudos to VALERA_N8, thanks pal  :-)

Please use plain text.
Wortho

Many thanks for the ASUS link and the drivers worked a treat. Very happy to have it all working properly.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sgrki

Hi,

I have a SONY LapTop with Win 7. I installed Ovi on the same to connect my N8... The Prob. I am facing is that sometimes the Bluetooth recognises the N8 & connects & sometimes it doesn't...

Pls. help on how to solve this...

- SGRKI

Please use plain text.