Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Bluetooth driver Windows 7 - N8

pijar

Re: Bluetooth driver Windows 7 - N8

I have this problem too, and after much googling, I find that some people that have this problem has 1 thing in common: Atheros AR3011 bluetooth module on the laptop. I'm using Acer Aspire 5943G, and there is one guy in here using the same laptop with the same problem with N8. Asus user with this bluetooth module got this problem too. My N8 and laptop can see each other fine, paired fine, install all the drivers, but just refused to connect, send and receive files to one another. Audio gateway and file browsing failed too.

I've concluded that the N8 is not compatible with AR3011 and vice versa. I've emailed Atheros and still waiting. Maybe software and driver update can fix this, if both parties aren't lazy enough to look into it.

Please Nokia, take a look into this problem and do something!

Please use plain text.
actarus_79

hi,

I have exactly the same problem...............

I call Nokia (in France), and NO SOLUTION...............

I'm goind MAD!!!

I have a N8 and Acer TimelineX 4830TG, both with bluetooth 3.0!!

AND IT IS NOT WORKING...................

My Acer is working really fine with my old Sony Ericsson...........

SO, Nokia, HELP US QUICKLY!!!

THANKS

Please use plain text.
actarus_79

hi pijar,

I have exactly the same problem...
I have an Acer laptop with AR3011module...

Can you tell me if you find solution ?

Atheros give you some news ??

many thanks

cheers

ps: sorry for my poor english, I'm french.
Please use plain text.
pijar

Nope, no solution until now. Now I'm using my old bluetooth v1 usb dongle, which works perfect, but slowly..... So now I'm sure it's the AR3011 fault. Atheros haven't replied to me yet, maybe they don't care. Please post here if you find any solution too. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hooneeb74

dudes, don't know if this is related, but i use to connect my laptop (pavillion dv7) the internet via me N8 using it as the wireless connection but since doing a nokia ovi update there a 4 blue tooth peripheral devices missing. **bleep** ???

Please use plain text.
pijar

That is normal, it should not affect anything. It's been there for as long as I can remember... My 6280, E63 and 5800 got those errors too, but connecting normally without any glitch. Only N8 has this bluetooth problem....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
truumu

Thanx a lot, Valera!:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ddexter

All of a sudden my N8 started connecting to my PC flawlessly. I have not installed any new drivers. Weird! Problem solved. Phew!

Please use plain text.
actarus_79

still not working for me.............................. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
fengyork

Hi for acer laptop who use Atheros AR3011 driver,  here is solution

1 - paired your device and wait for all the drivers installed.

2 - go to COMPUTER -> RIGHT CLICK -> MANAGE - > DEVICE MANAGER, go to menu click on VIEW - > Show hidden devices on treeview expand Bluetooth virtual devices right click and disable virtual bluettoth support, broadcomm bluetooh stack, bluetooth LWFLT Device.

3 - right click your bluetooth icon on notification area,  click Show Bluetooth Devices, right click your NOKIA N8-00 Connect to Computer.

4 - wait for Nokia MTP Device automatically installed then you will see a Nokia N8 icon on your taskbar. click on it then you can access your mass memory and phone memory to perform file transfer.

Please use plain text.
actarus_79

[ Edited ]

THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

YOU ARE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

We encourage users to voice out concerns in a tone that is respectful to Nokia and other users to maintain a friendly environment. Thank you for understanding.

Please use plain text.
deano999

When I try to pair my Nokia N8 mobile to my Dell XPS laptop running Windows 7 I get an error message 'driver not found' on the pc.  When I subsequently run the troubleshoot process on the pc I get an error message that the driver cannot be found.  When I view the 'Devices and Printers' screen on the pc this leaves both icons for my Nokia N8 and pc with an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle that I believe means certain functions will not work correctly.

When I try to send a file via Bluetooth from the pc to Nokia N8 this works ok.  However, when I try to do the same from the Nokia N8 to pc I get an error message 'Unable to connect'.

Can somebody please help me to solve this issue ?

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Dear Valera_N8

Thank you very much for offering this solution ... It not only resolved the issue of N8 but also my E71 .. Strangely, I did not face problem with connecting a Samsung phone .. the issue arose only with both of my Nokia phones.

I did not have problem using the Nokia Ovi Suite .. however, the problem arose when I connected through Bluetooth of the notebook.

I am using HP Pavilion DV7-3190ev Entertainment PC notebook

Thank you !!

Please use plain text.
saifeddine

I have Nokia N8-00 and Acer TM5742Z pc

i cant send files between the computer and the phone i think that because my computer has AR3011 bluetooth modulator and it is not compatibel with bluetooth v3.0 like N8

Please use plain text.
Contributor
otai78

[ Edited ]
any new
Please use plain text.
Advisor
santanasy

I have same problem too with N8 vs Asus K53E ( atheros AR3011) :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
santanasy

[ Edited ]

This problem is resolved !! :-))) 

Download driver 7.4.0.82 for Atheros AR3011 : 

http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/drivers/bluetooth_adapters/companies/atheros/models/bluetooth/22472...

...and now my N8 perfectly working with OVI Suite !! :-)) 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

nokia n8 windows 7

Please use plain text.
mihase

[ Edited ]

to VALERA_N8  - Thank you very much! I suffered for three months! It works!!! :-)

Please use plain text.
deano999

Nokia have just told me there is a comaptibility issue between my Nokia N8 and Windows 7 !  When I first reported this to Nokia back in June I suggested there is a compatibility issue and have since then spent a vast amount of effort in helping them to resolve it.  They have clearly given up and are trying to fob me off by telling me to try with another operating system !  What a pathetic attempt at resolving a customer issue ! 

Nokia are paying lip service by pretending to care by keeping a dialogue going but they obviously don't have any intention of trying to resolve this issue, and maybe others, with Windows 7.  It just makes me angry that I, and probably many others, have spent lots of time sending them information and screen shots etc and then I get told to try a different operating system !  Do they reallly think as a customer I am going to do their work for them and go backwards and try it with Vista ! This has certainly put me off Nokia and I will probably never use another one of their products.  I will also let as many people as I know aobut this !

Please use plain text.