Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Bluetooth driver Windows 7 - N8

Registered Member
antoniovala

Re: Bluetooth driver Windows 7 - N8

Hi guys, just had the come problem for months until now. I've just manually changed the drivers of the Bluetooth module (Atheros) on my PC to "Generic Bluetooth Adpater", these are from Microsoft, and in seconds I've connected my N8 to Nokia Suite through bluetooth successfully.

Hope this can help some of you.

Please use plain text.
jayden85

I just went to my bluetooth settings and made my HP G series PC discoverable by others - Then i connected to my PC from my nokia N8 (paired from phone to computer) - Worked a treat :smileyhappy: then after pairing with my computer it worked with OVI suite

Please use plain text.
actarus_79

hello guys!!!

the problem between atheros and nokia N8 is over!!!!!!!!!!!!

just update your driver with >> Bluetooth_Atheros_7.4.0.96_W7x64_A

cheers!!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pragash154

Thanks Mate it worked perfectly on my C7 Vs HP 630
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
meridiaan

Thank you ddexter !!!..:smileyhappy:.. It was extremely helpful with their advice! Had the same problem! But now everything is fine!. Thank you once again !..:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
fidelgonzalez

Hi for acer laptop who use Atheros AR3011 driver, here is solution

1 - paired your device and wait for all the drivers installed.

2 - go to COMPUTER -> RIGHT CLICK -> MANAGE - > DEVICE MANAGER, go to menu click on VIEW - > Show hidden devices on treeview expand Bluetooth virtual devices right click and disable virtual bluettoth support, broadcomm bluetooh stack, bluetooth LWFLT Device.

3 - right click your bluetooth icon on notification area, click Show Bluetooth Devices, right click your NOKIA N8-00 Connect to Computer.

4 - wait for Nokia MTP Device automatically installed then you will see a Nokia N8 icon on your taskbar. click on it then you can access your mass memory and phone memory to perform file transfer.
Please use plain text.
Deonissiy

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

That link didn't work for me anymore, but here is a currently working one:

http://www.download-source.de/1758412/ASUS-P8P67rev30-Atheros-AW-AR3011-Bluetooth-Driver-Package/

Anyway, Atheros AW_AR3011 is essential when searching for this. Probably this works for many Bluetooth handsfree devices.

Please use plain text.
aasfuq

Dear Acer / Aethros Bluetooth User just use this driver. Your problem will be solved.
http://www.mypcdrivers.com/results/download_file.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fglobal-download.acer.com%2FGDF...

Thanks, Asfuq
Please use plain text.
HemantS

Thank you for the solution. It worked. Didn't even have to download anything. Suer solution.

Thanks & regards.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pssathish21

Hellow friends,

I m not able to connect my Nokia N8 and my new Dell laptop thro Bluetooth. Always it says cannot cannot. 

I would really appreciate if any could help me in this regard. Spec of my lappy as below:

Dell Inspiron N4110

64  Bit processor

Intel core i5

Windows Home Premium.

Cheers/Sathish

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Maa2

Please use plain text.
Sumona_Kamal

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a SONY Vaio LapTop with Win 7 (64 Bit Processor). I installed Ovi on the same to connect my N8 for surfing net... The Prob. I am facing is that sometimes the Bluetooth recognises the N8 & connects & sometimes it doesn't...

Pls. help on how to solve this...

Please help me to solve this. I'm going to mad.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moderator's note: Post containing personal info like contact number/email address is unwise to publish on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
suraj307

[ Edited ]

worked on my asus as well

thanks a ton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart:

Moderator's note: Post containing personal info like email address is unwise to publish on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Good
Please use plain text.