Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Bluetooth keeps disconnecting

Bluetooth keeps disconnecting

I have a Nokia 6230i v03.80 and a USB bluetooth stick that uses the standard windows bluetooth driver. The phone and PC recognise and pair with each other, but keep disconnecting. Sometimes it reconnects automatically and other times it doesn't. What could be causing this and is there a solution? Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: Bluetooth keeps disconnecting

Hi,
does it disconnect immediately or does it happen after certain delay?
Please use plain text.

Sometimes it stays connected for about 10 minutes, other times it's only a few seconds before it disconnects.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Please tell USB stick model.
Please use plain text.

Its a Dynamode Bluetooth Adapter BT-USB100
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I'm experiencing the same problem - Nokia 6230i and Belkin F8T012 bluetooth adapter. I have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling the Belkin software. It always connects perfectly when I reinstall, then during subsequent connection attempts the phone disconnects itself. It's really frustrating, and it takes quite a while to uninstall and reinstall the software. I've tried it with and without the Nokia PC Suite software and this doesn't make any difference.

Ian.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have a Nokia 6230i and am experiencing the same problem using a Belkin F8T013 USB Bluetooth stick using a Widcomm driver.

Interestingly Windows XP SP2 detects the phone perfectly and I can use some of the features like file transfer etc. The problem seems to be just with PC suite which either dosent detect the phone at all or disconnects frequently.

Ive tried using other phones and they work fine with PC suite. So maybe the phone model has a problem.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I uninstalled the Nokia PC Suite and the Belkin software (again) and tried just reinstalling the Belkin software. Although some of the functionality is lost it seems to be working fine now - have also tried it with another mobile phone. It seems like the problem is either the Nokia software or an issue between the Nokia software and the Belkin software/drivers.

Ian.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I too have the same problem as above, using the Belkin F8T001 and a Nokia 6233.

The phone simply keeps disconnecting after about 5 minutes.

I have disabled the power save and sleep mode options on the phone in case they were turning the bluetooth connection off, but no luck.

One odd quirk seems to be that only the phone registers as being disconnected. On PC Suite it says that the phone is still connected.

When phone has disconnected, neither the phone nor the computer can find the other, and the PC Suite "Get Connected" bluetooth connection device finder doesnt stop searching. At all. It just keeps looking until you press cancel.

But that might just be my computer....
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
When using the connection manager, I also sometimes get the error message:

Connection to Nokia PC Suite Failed. Please reinstall PC Suite. (Code: Init SL MC2 Notify)

Physically pulling the bluetooth hardware out of the computer seems to reset the connection with no problems.

Message Edited by ucof on 14-Sep-2006
05:37 PM

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Operating system:
Microsoft Windows XP
Build 2600
Service Pack 2
Language: English (United States)
Language for non-Unicode programs: English (United States)
Locale: English (United Kingdom)
Input language: English (United Kingdom)

Nokia PC Suite:
Version 6.81.13.0
Language: English

Connectivity Cable Drivers:
Version 6.81.1.2

Microsoft Outlook:
Version 11.0
Build 8010

Bluetooth stack:
Microsoft Bluetooth stack
Version 5.1.2600.2180
Please use plain text.

Did anyone get a sensible answer as to why the 6230i keeps disconnecting from the Nokia PC suite (6.8.22) when bluetooth is used.

I have the same problem using a Dell Latitude D400 using Bluetooth (WIDCOMM) and a Dell TrueMobile Bluetooth module hardware. The PC is running XP Prof. SP2 and the mail system is Lotus Notes 6x.

The Nokia PC applications disconnect for no apparent reason though 6230i registers that the bluetooth connection is still "Active" and that the PC and 6230i are still paired. I have to disconnect via the phone and reconnect again via the PC and everything works again for a while.

There is no particular reason why the disconnection occurs - I've tried most things suggested in the forum without luck.

Is there a solution? I have to use Nokia because I'm using a company telephone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi all,
I have a similar problem with my 6233 when connected to the Audi A4 hands free kit. It disconnects the bluetooth connection, but the GSM keeps alive, and after some seconds the Bluetooth gets connected again automatically.
Any idea?

mayn thanks

Thomas
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have a new 6234 and I use a BT USB Dongle from BlueWalker (BW-UD02) with their driver and XP SP2. I've been using this dongle for 2 years with a Motorola phone and the connection was always flawless. Now with the PC suite and the Nokia the connection breaks a lot. I don't see any pattern. Sometimes it lasts for quite some time. Others just a few minutes. I tried the same dongle in a PC using XP SP2, but with the generic BT driver from microsoft and the problem repeated. I thought of upgrading the phone software to the last version (v0491), but I don't have the necessary cable. Any ideas?
Please use plain text.

I have the same problem. The problem occurres both when connecting to a SE HBH-65 bluetooth headset and when connecting to my laptop. The laptop is a ThinkPad T60 with a broadcom bluetooth chip. Anyone find out what's causing this? Is there a software update for the phone that solves this perhaps or is it hardware problem in the phone?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I had the same problem using a Dell XPS M1710 using Bluetooth (WIDCOMM) and a Dell TrueMobile Bluetooth module hardware running XP Pro SP2. PC Suite would connect to my 6682 and then disconnect 10 - 180 sec later.

I found my XP bluetooth installation service hadn't been turned on: Start -> Run -> services.msc, right-click on Bluetooth Service, hit Start. As soon as the service started, the bluetooth connection came on and stayed on. Looks like it was a one-time deal - I restarted the computer but didn't restart the Bluetooth Service and haven't had any connection problems.
Please use plain text.

Is there anyone from Nokia watching this forum ? I get the impression they don't care very much for their customers. Having the same problem
Please use plain text.
Advisor

So, Im yet another of the gazillion PCsuite users who is suffering from this issue:

PCSuite6.84.10.3 connects bluetooth momentarily before disconnecting from my 6230i.

Ive read through many many threads, and cannot find a consistent response which resolves this issue. PLEASE SOMEONE let me know the fix or where I can find it before I upgrade to a SonyErikson!I had my phone stolen and trying to get my contacts back onto my new phone with ZERO success.

How can so many suffer from this same issue and not a word of advice or at least apology from Nokia!!

Anyway, enough rant. Thanks for your help in advance
copic
Please use plain text.
Advisor

PS
I tried

Start -> Run -> services.msc, right-click on Bluetooth Service, hit Start.

it was already active, and repair made no difference.
so thats not it
Please use plain text.
Advisor

PPS

service info:

Operating system:
Microsoft Windows XP
Build 2600
Service Pack 2
Language: English
Language for non-Unicode programs: English