Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Bluetooth not working

Advisor

Bluetooth not working

I cannot use bluetooth as a connection. When I try to select it in the Connection Manager I get an error message (my own translation..) "Cannot use the way to connect. Check that all hardware and software can be used. (Code: OpenMedia)"

The connection worked before. The PC Suite of my computer was upgraded and now the bluetooth is not working any more. I have no idea what was the version of the PC Suite before the upgrade. The current version info is below.

I have tried to reistall all bluetooth stacks and radios and tried to repair PC connectivity solution as suggested in some topics. I also removed the bluetooth pair from computer and mobile and recreated them. Nothing helps. I can pair the phone so the bluetooth is working.

I have no more ideas what to try. Any suggestions?

Bluetooth dongle: prodige

Mobile: Nokia 6230i

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2

Nokia PC Suite: Versio 6.82.22.0

Connectivity Cable Drivers -ohjaimet: Not installed

PC Connectivity Solution: Versio 6.43.9.0

Bluetooth-ohjelmisto: Microsoft Bluetooth-ohjelmisto Versio 5.1.2600 Koontiversio 2180

Professor
power_user

Re: Bluetooth not working

HI,
try RE installing the driver(or Software) of your Bluetooth.

Then check IF the problem exists.

Check if you can Discover and Refresh the services of your phone with the Bluetooth software(not the PC suite)(when PC suite is NOT running).

reply me,

Cheers,
KATH.
(if you find me helpful, please RATE my posts by selecting the YES button bellow,thanks again)
POWER_USER
"tEcHnOlOgY is LIFE"
Advisor

Still not working. This is what I tried:

1. I exited the PC Suite

2. I removed the Generic Bluetooth radio and Microsoft Bluetooth indexing drivers

3. I checked the bluetooth devices in the Control panel. No devices found because bluetooth drivers are not installed.

4. I searched for new devices and the bluetooth drivers got installed.

5. I checked the bluetooth devices in the Control panel. My phone was in the paired device list already now so I removed it. I also removed the paired computer from my phone.

6. I searched for phones in the Bluetooth software (that is the Bluetooth devices in the Control panel) and paired my phone. In the properties PC Suite serial port get COM 13.

7. I started PC Suite and Connection manager. I tried to enable bluetooth service and I DID NOT get any error message this time. So the PC suite informed that my phone is connected.

8. The outlook sync is not starting automaticly even if I have configured it to do so so to check if it really works I unpaired the phone in the pc suite and repaired it. The phone is connected without any problem.

9. So I opened the sync-program and tried to press the "select phone" button. The program does not respond. Nothing happens when the button is pressed. So I boot the computer.

10. After the reboot I opened the Connection Manager. The Bluetooth is not any more selected and when I try to select it I get the same error message as before: "Cannot use the way to connect. Check that all hardware and software can be used. (Code: OpenMedia)"

Professor
power_user

you are getting the error message : OPEN MEDIA

this is not good.

ok, can you try to check that IF your Bluetooth software (not the PC suite) can detect and refresh the services of the phone.
AND, check IF you are able to transfer files to your phone with the Bluetooth software(not PC suite).

then try the Connection Manager of NOkia.
then report me.

Cheers,
KATH.
(if you find me helpful, please RATE my posts by selecting the YES button bellow,thanks again)
POWER_USER
"tEcHnOlOgY is LIFE"
Advisor

I get the OpenMedia error.

step 1. I refreshed the servises of the phone

I opened the bluetooth services from Control panel and there I found that the PC Suite service for my phone was not any more enabled. It was enabled and COM 13 before the reboot in the morning. So I enabled it now.

step 2. I transferred a file with bluetooth between computer and the phone without any problems.

step 3. nokia connection manager gives the OpenMedia error message when I try to enable the bluetooth service.
Employee

Hi,

What Bluetooth connections Nokia Connection Manager shows ?
(is the Microsoft only one?)

And where you can see (and change) that COM port?
(I do not have any COM port set in Microsoft Bluetooth UI and it works ok with PC Suite...)
Advisor

There is only one Bluetooth (Microsoft) connection in the Nokia Connection manager. That was the situation also in the previous PC Suite version. It was so stupid to upgrade an older working version to this new 6.82.22.0 version.

I can see the COM ports in Control Panel -> Bluetooth devices -> then I select the paired phone from the list -> Properties -> Services.

There is a list of the services the phone offer to the computer: (dial up network DUN, serial port and serial port for Nokia PC Suite).

I cannot change the COM ports just enable or disable the services. The Windows gives the COM port settings automatically.

I have the same error "OpenMedia" with PC Suite 6.82.22.0 french & bluetooth dongle.
With PC Suite 6.5 (CD of my Nokia 8800) I don't have the same error. I the past my connection work very well. I remerber that in my PC Suite 2bluetooth: microsoft & ivt bluesoleil. With IVT it was working. Today after a lot of installation I can't have IVT in PC Suite? What is your opinion and proposal ? Thanks
Professor
power_user

you may uninstall everything related to nokia and your bluetooth software. Then try to clean your cache and folders related to nokia.

you can use ccleaner software for this.
go to www.ccleaner.com and download.

then defragment your c: drive and then try to INSTALL Bluetooth software and then PC suite(latest)

then report here,

Cheers,
KATH
POWER_USER
"tEcHnOlOgY is LIFE"
Registered Member

All this is happening to me too. MAYBE Nokia should get this fixed godspeed?
Advisor

So it seems that the PC Suite version 6.82.22.0 is not working with Windows bluetooth stack. Any one knows if a better version of PC Suite is coming out soon?

I have removed the bluetooth software now many times without any help. The newest 6.82.22.0 version is installed but the PC Suite is not working. I cannot understand how ccleaner or defragmenting is related to the problem so I did not try them...

I get the OpenMedia error every time trying to enable the Windows Bluetooth.
Mobile Guru
manta

finp, I read all you have written about this and it seems you had it working already but then you got problem with automatic sync over Bluetooth and made some changes and now it does not work. This is how I understood it.

My suggestion is to uninstall PC Suite, Connectivity Solution and Cable driver through add/remove programs, run PC Suite cleaner (all option) from www.nokia.com/pcsuite - support

Then boot PC, download new version to desktop and install new PC Suite from there.

(I have MS Bluetooth and this and all other previous versions of PC Suite work on top of it and I have 3 phones I use it with, so I do not expect there is a bug in PC Suite version that you should wait for to fix the situation)
Advisor

No help. I still get the OpenMedia error.

This is what I tried:

I unistalled PC Suite, PC Connectivity solution and Nokia Cable driver. I run PC Suite cleaner with clean computer option and wanted to remove the files. Then I rebooted the computer and installed the new PC Suite (Version 6.82.22.0, english version this time).

After the install I tried to open connection manager. I got a new error message: "Failed to detect available connection types. Please reinstall Nokia PC Suite". I reopened the connection manager and then I got the familiar OpenMedia error message.

I would like to say that it is a bug in the PC Suite 6.82.22.0.

By the way the PC Suite connection manager opens really slowly. When I press the button in the PC Suite or try to open it in Control panel nothing happens for couple of minutes. I know already that I just have to wait some minutes before it is opened. A splash screen would be nice to inform that it is opening.

Nothing more to do. One hour working time wasted to nothing (again).
Registered Member

If you are using IVT Bluesoleil Bluetooth adapter I know what the problem is. It wasn't working for me.

The problem is with the new version supplied by IVT. PC Suite can't work with versions later than 1.6.4.0 I guess.
Try to uninstall IVT bluesoleil software, reboot, and then install the 1.6.4.0 or earlier. I couldn't find this version on the net, so I installed the one which came with the purchased product, that tiny CD.

If it doesn't work still, try to reinstall PC Suite after that as it should, teoretically, be installed only after the bluetooth driver.

Hope this helps, as this is a very getting-on-our-nerves situation...

FP
Advisor

There is written on the Bluetooth dongle "Prodige Bluetooth". I am not sure if it is IVT Bluesoleil. I don't have any more the adater's drivers installed. I removed them because the Windows drivers are said to work:

/discussions/board/message?board.id=connectivity&message.id=114

Well, it try to install the IVT Bluesoleil drivers and reinstall the PC Suite. I will inform the result...
Employee

Hi finp,

Have you tried this (find my message from there):
/discussions/board/message?board.id=pcsuite&message.id=11434

I you haven't, try it (and what Nokia Connection Manager shows after that)?

This PC Suite is totally garbage, it is an instant headache, I have tried everything from the "Cleaner" to uninstalling ang reinstalling a million times, i've tried everything else from this and other forums and the end result is :
"Cannot use the connection type, check that all needed hardware, software, and drivers are available (code : OpenMedia)"
This is a big NEGATIVE for nokia, I will let everone know of this.

Nokia 6265i
Operating system:
Microsoft Windows XP
Build 2600
Service Pack 2
Language: English
Language for non-Unicode programs: English
Locale: English
Input language: English

Nokia PC Suite:
Version 6.82.22.0
Language: English

Connectivity Cable Drivers:
Not installed

PC Connectivity Solution:
Version 6.43.9.0

Microsoft Outlook:
Version 10.0
Build 2627

Bluetooth stack:
Microsoft Bluetooth stack
Version 5.1.2600
Build 2180

Hey buddy, This is what I'm using :
Blue Soleil 1.6.0 Build 041221 , I tried what you said and still I am unable to get the PC Suite 6.82.22 to recognize the 6265i phone, please let me know if you had anyu luck with it, thanks.
Advisor

Hi Miksu,

The PC Suite is still not working. I get the same OpenMedia error. I think the only option left is to try to reinstall the whole WP again :smileysad: Hopefully it will help! I need that calendar sync.

This is what I did (it should be exactly what you suggested):

1. I uninstalled PC Suite and rebooted

2. I uninstalled PC Connectivity solution and Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver and then rebooted

3. Installed PC suite and rebooted

4. I tried Connection Manager and get the OpenMedia error

5. I repaired the PC Connectivity Solution and rebooted

6. I tried Connection Manager and get the OpenMedia error

7. I run the RegPCSuiteComponents.bat. I get two error messages:

7.1. DllRegisterServer failed in Transports\NclBCBTMM.dll. Error code: 0x80040200

7.2. LoadLibrary("Trasports\NclToBTMM.dll") -function failed. The defined part not found.

8. I tried Connection Manager and get the OpenMedia error

How about those two error messages? Any clues why PC Suite is not working?
Employee

Hi,

primarysuspect:
PC Suite is not support your IVT stack version, see this:
/discussions/board/message?board.id=connectivity&message.id=114
(update your bt stack or use microsoft BT stack)

finp: could you send PC Suite system info (Nokia Pc Suite > Help > About nokia PC suite > system info) ??