Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Calendar notes not restored onto my 6300?!!?

Contributor

Calendar notes not restored onto my 6300?!!?

Hey guys,

I recently bought the new 6300 which i upgraded from my 6230. So i backed up everything on phone memory from the 6230 using the latest PC Suite, then restored it on the 6300. The only things that are restored are my Contacts, & to-do notes.. not any of my calendar notes.

So i tried restoring the same backed up 6230 files back onto the 6230... then what had happened was that everything was restored on the 6230 except calendar and to-do notes.

So does this mean this new PC Suite has a problem if it can't even restore the same files from the same phone?

More importantly, how can i get my calendar notes back now that they aren't on either phones and somehow in those .nbu files!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor

any ideas would be great.. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

It should work OK with PCS 6.82.

If the calender entries are not restoring to either phone then the problem could be with the backup file itself. If you check the backup/restore log, does it mention the calendar at all? (ideally the log from restoring to the N73)
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I checked the backup log, and it does say calender?! But the funny thing is that it restored the to-do notes and notes, but o calender entries...

is there anyway of opening those .nbu files to read my calcender entries so i could manually put them back in my phone? This is getting so annoying.....!

thanks
Please use plain text.

Hi all, I am facing the same problem.

Backup everything (including calendars) from my 6111 into PC Suite. Then bought N73 and try to restore it into N73. Everything restored except calendar. This is frustrating because everything I have are in the calendars.

Thinking that it could be due to different model, I tried restoring it back into my 6111 again. And everything was restore except calendar. I am really desperate now. Hope someone here can give us a clue on how to restore it. If not, is there any software out there that can help me read the .nbu file at least? I don't mind manually keying in my calendar.

Help us please.... Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Exact same thing happened to me.... Anyone?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

They really need a Nokia guy on this forum...
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

Hi 20124642

The Nokia moderators are here to make sure people are following the board rules. If you are looking for a resonse from Nokia, pleas contact your local support team.

http://europe.nokia.com/A4144989
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Same problem and really really rely on my calendar!!! Old phone was 6131. backed up lastnight, picked up 6300 this morning - can't restore calendar. Using PC Suite v6.80.22.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

Cannot be sure of course but to me it sounds that the backup file does not contain the calendar data for some reason so the backup phase has failed, not the restore. YOu can try to check the fact by opening the backup file with some editor like notepa and search for a meeting string or somethin you know should be there to check if the calendar items are included in the backup
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

DONE IT!!!!
Altered sync settings to only sync FROM PC to phone, and it worked. I now have my calendar - unfortunatley lots of duplicate entries for some reason but hey its better than not having them at all!!

Good Luck folks!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
agent_s87

i have same issue but with NOTES, i took a backup from my N73, bought N73 ME and tried to restore the backups , everything worked except NOTES!!

and am using te latest one 6.83
HELP
Used a lot of S60 devices, now am with the King N82 :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anudhajaiswal

not sure but it can be a problem in regards to time and sec because all calendar entries are stored in such a manner that it gives u details on that time so maybe this canbe a reason but i am not sure.:smileysad:
Please use plain text.