Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Can't connect my Lumia 520 to Vista

Registered Member
DATCH

Can't connect my Lumia 520 to Vista

Hello, i've been trying to connect my lumia 520 to my pc, which runs Windows Vista SP2, but everytime it asks me for the driver/controller. I found this in FAQ to solve it:

1. Go to Microsoft Update download catalog page (link works only in IE) http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/home.aspx.
  2. Search for 'Windows Phone WinUSB'.
  3. Add the driver to the download basket and press view basket to proceed checkout.
  4. Download the file to your computer.
  5. Extract downloaded .cab file with eg. Winzip.
  6. In Device manager click 'Update Driver software', 'Browse my computer for driver software', search for the directory you extracted the files and click Next.
  7. The "RM-xxx|Nokia Lumia xxx" will be replaced by "Windows Phone WinUSB"

When i add the driver to the basket it instantly disappears. So i've not been able to install it. What can i do in stead?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Can't connect my Lumia 520 to Vista

Do you have Windows Media Player 10 installed upon PC?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AmenaNR

Re: Can't connect my Lumia 520 to Vista

I'm having a similar problem. My pc  (windows vista) won't recognize the phone.  Did someone find a solution?

Please use plain text.