Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Cannot sync my 6233 with pc-suite

WazzaAndWenches

Cannot sync my 6233 with pc-suite

I am using PC-Suite (7.1.62.1) with a USB cable to my Nokia 6233. Right from day one I have been unable to sync or download my contacts from the phone. The phone reports the error as "data transfer not possible" and pc-suite reports "refreshing of contacts failed". I really only need to download the contacts so I have a safe copy.

My phone has started faulting and is getting very close to the end of its life. I really need to copy my contacts from the phone before it fails completely.

Any suggestions??

WazzaAndWenches

Geocaching - the game where YOU are the search engine
geocaching.com
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Carltabi

Re: Cannot sync my 6233 with PC-suite

[ Edited ]

Hey WazzaAndWenches

You could try using a different cable, please note that you may need to buy a new cable depending on how long you  had the unit for.

It is also possible that your connectivity driver hasn't been installed yet.

From your PC got to Control Panel>Programs > Uninstall program > Nokia connectivity cable driver > Right click > Change > Repair.

For a more easier approach: send the numbers to a Bluetooth enabled device/phone. There should also be an option to move your contacts to the SIM card I believe.

Menu> Contacts> Names> Options> Move contact.

We would also like to know if you are having error messages when connecting your device.

I hope this will resolve your issue.

Carl

If this post answers your question, you can help others by clicking the green accepted solution' button.

Please ask your questions to the main board and not to my mailbox. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
WazzaAndWenches

G'day Carl,

I am using a CA-53 cable and am also able to use bluetooth to connect between pc-suite and the 6233.

PC-Suite lets me see all my messages, calendar and file structure (gallery etc) with no problems. But I cannot see or access any of my contacts. I have tried setting the phone to use Phone, SIM and Phone&Sim contacts but it has not helped.

I do not receive any error messages when connecting or at any time other than trying to sync or download contacts.

I have installed the latest connectivity driver (yesterday).

I have tried copying all contacts to the SIM but it appears to only copy the name and the primary phone number. My contacts list has many details (phone/fax/email/address/company etc) for most of my 320 contacts.

Waz.

WazzaAndWenches

Geocaching - the game where YOU are the search engine
geocaching.com
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Hey WazzaAndWenches, Welcome to the Nokia Forums.

Could you please try and uninstall all the 6233 device profiles in Control Panel > Device Manager > Uninstall device profile

restart and replug your device and wait for the drivers to all reinstall, and please try rebackup.

Please let me know if it works or not.

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.