Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Communication Centre will not download message...

Communication Centre will not download messages after PC Suite Update

Nokia E50

Windows Vista Business

Service Pack 1

PC Suite 7.1.26.0

Cable Connection

For quite a long time, I have used Communications Centre to send and receive texts from my laptop via E50.  since the software updated to 7.1.26.0, this is not longer possible and while all other parts of PC suite work [contacts, calendar, etc] for a reson unknown, I won't download texts.

I have completely uninstalled all Nokia software using PC Suit Cleaner and downloaded everything afresh and no difference.

Any and all assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Chris

Please use plain text.
Sage
jon_iz

Re: Communication Centre will not download messages after PC Suite Update

I have exactly the same problem, on USB cable and Bluetooth.

Communications Centre V2.0 will no longer access the messages on the phone and crashes every time that the message tab is selected, since I ran the update to the latest version of PC Suite.

I've uninstalled PC Suite, reinstalled it & deleted all the message on the phone and the problem still exists.

Phone:

E71-1, RM-346, s/w version 110.07.127

PC suite 7.1.26.0

32bit Vista ultimate SP1.

Regards Jon.

If this post helped you, please press the Kudos button ;-)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

So is there any solution to this? I have this problem as well.... exactly as how you both described it..

ANY SUPPORT PLEASE NOkia?

TJ

Please use plain text.
Sage
jon_iz

I uninstalled it again and ran the PC Suite cleaner, rebooted the computer and re-installed it again.

This time it works ok.

Odd...

Looks like the update is a little flaky perhaps?

Regards Jon.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Funny you should mention that.. coz i tried a clean reinstall of the whole PC Suite (new version) and the serviec controllers on my xm 5800.. same problem.. everything else worked perfectly though even the phonebook,but not the messages area...

i cleaned it up again and installed the previous version i had and it works fine now.. 

will wait for the NEXT version i guess.. 

TJ

Please use plain text.

Nokia have advised that I should "Go to "Nokia PC Suite" > "Help" > "Reinstall PC Suite support".

As it happens, Reinstall PC Suite support is greyed out - any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Sage
jon_iz

I'd uninstall it from windows rather than trying to take a repair or reinstall option.

Reboot the PC and then run the PC Suite cleaner; download from here:

http://europe.nokia.com/A41198596

Reboot again and then do a clean install...

It's worked for me.

good luck.

Jon.

Regards Jon.

Please use plain text.

My impression [maybe mistaken] is that "reinstall PC Suite Support" refers to the application contained within the handset and not the application on the Laptop.

I have done a clean install on the laptop using the 'cleaner' as you describe and this didn't work for me.  I have contacts and calendar but it won't download messages.  On the previous version of PC Suite there was no problem at all.

Please use plain text.
Sage
jon_iz

The application on an S60 device is MMSSync. You can un-install that with application manager within the phone.

When you next plug the phone into sync with PC Suite, it will prompt you to reinstall it.

However, I doubt that it will fix it!

Let me know!

Regards Jon.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Same problem here, after “upgrading”.

I will try uninstalling as others advised and looking for the older version, which at least had an option for my messages—7.1.26 could not do a thing with them.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have since downgraded. No change, except the refresh and new-message icons in the Communication Centre are no longer greyed out. They might as well be, as neither works. Also the fields at the top of the screen do not display.

Windows XP, 6275i, 7.1.18.0.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

yep i also have downgraded.. it seems the new version isnt worth the trouble..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
cricfancy

Hi All,

If you have  upgraded 7.1.26.0 without uninstalling 7.1.18.0, 

Do have backup of your phone data & PC registries then
Uninstall Nokia PC Suite, Nokia Connectivity cable driver, PC Connectivity solution, Nokia flashing cable driver(if any on your PC), Run PC Suite cleaner. Install latest Nokia PC Suite from europe.nokia.com/pcsuite, reboot your pc.  Once pc started, connect your phone with USB in different ports of your PC and check :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue.  It appears that the new upgrade (7.1.26.0) forces the communication centre 2.0 program to only accept MMS messages from the phone.

I checked filters, and only filtering on MMS type is allowed, but it is not selected.

Trying to send an SMS message fails.  Send MMS messages work.

I hope this wasn't an intentional "Upgrade"! 

Message Edited by mshaw1110 on 08-May-2009 04:11 PM
Please use plain text.

I am afraid that your comment is not accurate.

Having started this thread and also getting some input from Nokia, I now seem to have a working system.

The solution is to first remove everything nokia from your pc/laptop and then running the latest version of suite cleaner.

You can then install a clean version of the suite [7.1.26.0] and in my case at least - it works and I am able to send and receive SMS messages.

Regards

Chris

Please use plain text.
Sage
jon_iz

That's what I suggested in thread reply #7,  but I wasn't clear enough, I guess.... Un-install everything Nokia, reboot, run the cleaner, reboot again and then install version 7.0.26.0

Jon

Regards Jon.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

..thing is i tried this myself like 3 times.. and uninstalling the nokia service drivers from the phone as well to force reinstall it on the phone..

didnt quite work for me.. still having the inbox problems.. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.

I had the same problem with the pc suite version 7.1.26.0. My SMS messages were not loading.

What I did was I uninstalled everything from my computer then run the PC Suite Cleaner. I reboot the computer then installed everything again. I run the PC Suite again but still the sms messages were not loading...

I was thinking that I should remove something from my phone.

I uninstalled PC Suite Support, SMS Sync and MMS Sync from my phone (Nokia N70) and this did the trick! When you connect your phone, you will be prompted to install this again accept and install then try again. I can now load the messages! Whew!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem, messages would not refresh at all.

1. I uninstalled all plugins using the app manager on my phone.

(There are several apps, if your not sure which are from pc suite: view details> if provider is Nokia, chances are its pc suite related so uninstall it.

The most important one that absolutely needs to be uninstalled is called, SMS DS plugin.)

2. Disconnect phone and using add/remove programs > uninstall pc suite > option to uninstall/repair

3. Clicked repair, let it finish.

4. Re-pair phone with pc suite, let it reinstall plugins on phone

All sorted  :smileyhappy:

Nokia 6220classic

Message Edited by freakyshadows on 10-May-2009 08:41 PM
Message Edited by freakyshadows on 10-May-2009 08:47 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

An other alternative has been found: CLICK HERE

Cheers!

panderson