Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Copy contacts from phone to PC

Copy contacts from phone to PC

Dear Nokia support-ers,

Have just downloaded Nokia PC Suite 6.82.27.0
On computer using Windows XP and Microsoft Small Business 03.
Have been using different phones in different countries and now have different contacts in each phone. These are Nokia 3220,and 6610i.
Wanted to copy them all in one single folder so all phones would have the same contact list.
However, while I can backup images, etc (which I don t care about), the log tells me that it is unable to read my contacts and thus unable to back them up. When I go into contacts and ask for an update, it gives me an error message.
Could you please help me out? This is quite urgent as I amleaving my job and need to handle in the phones. But I would like to keep my contacts.

Thank you for your help.
Best
Bipili
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrey_gres

Re: Copy contacts from phone to PC

Hello,
I'd like to recommend you synchronize phone's contacts with Outlook Express and export them to csv-file. You could restore them into any new phone and anywhere.
Andrey
6150, 8310, 2100, 6310, 6310i, 6230, 6600, 6630, 6700, E60, N80, E61, N93
N95, E61i, E71, E72,8600, 5800, N8
Please use plain text.

Copy contacts from phone to PC via outlook. How?

Thanks Anbdrej

However I use outlook, not outlook express. And if it is possible to do that via outlook, another dumm question: could you tell me how to download them? address book? tools? where should I start?
Thanks for helping me out here.
Cheers
Bipili
Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: Copy contacts from phone to PC via outlook. How?

bipili,

This is how to do it:
1. Install PC Suite 6.83
2. Open PC Sync, create sync settings and sync your 3220 to Outlook
3. Disconnect 3220 and connect 6610i
4. Open PC Sync again, create settings and sync 6610i to Outlook

--> now you have all contacts in Outlook and in your 66109. You might want to check that is there dublicate contacts.
5. Disconnect 6610i and connect 3220 and sync again

--> now both phones have all contacts
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gpsphone

How do I copy contacts entered on Ovi suite TO my mobile phone ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Connect the phone to PC.. Open OVI Suite.. Drag and Drop the contact created in OVI on to the Phone Icon in the Bottom - Left window...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gunewardena

Re: Copy contacts from phone to PC or PC to Phone (VICE - VERSA)

It's 3 steps operation !!:smileyvery-happy:

This is very easy guys.

Step 1:

PRESS contacts > Options > Create backup > Phone to memory card (any existing contact on phone book)

Step 2:

PRESS Menu > Office > File mgr. > Memory card > Other > Contacts (Copy the paste the contact on to this folder from the PC "*.vcf" files)

Go back to phone desktop.

Step 3:

PRESS contacts > Options > Create backup > Memory card to Phone

Thank me it's done! Every  contact copied to the Memory card (vise-versa) will display on the Contacts on phone memory.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
musu

thanks a lot

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kristine8

Hi,

How do  I transfer my contacts from my Nokia N8 to iPhone 5? Help!

Kristine8

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
haidangvinh

How could I copy my name list from Cell phone to PC?

Please use plain text.
rajeevam123

Re: Copy contacts from phone /sim to PC

How to transfer contacts from  phone memory /sim (Nokia mobile 5610d Express music )to pc

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Copy contacts from phone /sim to PC

rajeevam123 wrote:

How to transfer contacts from  phone memory /sim (Nokia mobile 5610d Express music )to pc

Download and Install Nokia suite on to your PC. Connect your phone to PC and open Nokia Suite-->Contacts ..then click on the Sync Contacts tab at the bottom next to the phone icon .. All your contacts will be synced and will be visible in the Nokia Suite ..Note that the IM contacts will not get synced.. You need to first store (Copy) them in the Phone Memory ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

If you want copy of your contacts on your pc, just drag and drop all of them from Nokia suite to any folder on your pc.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Arlenword

[ Edited ]

I think there are two method to transfer contacts from nokia to computer:

1) Go to who ever your service provider is and have them do it. They have a special machine that can transfer all contacts within minutes. hope this helps..

2) try phone transfer program which can export all data from Nokia to computer and transfer contacts from Nokia to other phone directly.

Hope it solve your problem.

Please use plain text.