Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Driver Installation Problems

Driver Installation Problems

I have a DKU-5 cable for my 5140i phone. I have followed the instructions and installed the driver, but when I plug in the usb cable to my computer, it tries to search for the driver, and then tells me that it cannot install the hardware, as no drivers can be found.

I would be grateful of any help on this matter
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Driver Installation Problems

i have also had the exact same issue with a 5140, if you searc for 5140 connection issues you will find that several others have had the same, the most detailed one concluded that it was the cable at fault, i am currently trying to get my supplier (ebay) to replace mine

Has anyone else fixed this problem any other way ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

Where did you install the driver, do you have Nokia or non-Nokia cable ? If non-NOkia, try to find the appropriate manufacturer driver with google.

Also install Nokia PC Suite
Please use plain text.
Contributor

i have finally got mine to connect after downloading the prolific nokia usb driver from http://list.driverguide.com/list/company1661/index.html, from device manager point to this driver to update and if like mine it should work
Good luck
Please use plain text.