Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Help me Nokia 6111 Pc suite not working :( - 6...

Contributor

Help me Nokia 6111 Pc suite not working :(

I have got the Nokia 6111
And i have installed reinstalled etc the pc suite but every time it does not work.
In Saying it does not work~ i meen once connected to the computer it doesnot recognise on the connecting wizard my phone. It just has the timer for ages and ages.
It also pops up saying instlal new hardware but fails every time. :smileysad:
Please help me :smileysad: :smileysad:
I have the CA-53 cable.
It worked first time but then disconnect?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
venjada

Re: Help me Nokia 6111 Pc suite not working :(

Can you try plugging your cable into a different USB port ?? If so, do that, then connect your phone and select default cable operation when prompted on phone. Your PC should then find and recognise 6111 and install drivers etc for it. When this is done, then start PC Suite and try connecting with PC Suite
Best Regards

Dave
Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi,

Here is something what you could try to do:

1. Uinstall Nokia PC Suite 6.82.22 (or 6.7 or 6.8x) and restart PC.
2. Go to Windows' Control Panel and open "Add or Remove Programs" application.
3. If there are "PC Connectivity Solution" (or "Nokia PC Connectivity Solution" and/or "Nokia Connectivity Cable driver", uninstall those and restart PC.
4. Install PC Suite 6.82.22 and restart PC.

If problem happen again:
1. Go to Windows' Control Panel and open "Add or Remove Programs" application.
3. Select "PC Connectivity Solution", click "Change" and then "Repair".
4. After Repair, restart PC.

And if no help again:
Save RegPCSuiteComponents.bat file to C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ folder. Then go that folder and run it (double-click that file). After that restart PC.

Does any of those help you??

If not, did you get any error messages??
Please use plain text.

hi did all the above still no joy then ran componnent tool and couple of errors come up: DllRegisterserver in transports/NclBCBTMM.dll failed. Return code was.0x80040200

and something about the specified module could not be found.
im using BlueSoleil bluetooth dongle, my phone is nokia 6233
Please use plain text.

May I suggest something? Buy a new phone, but not nokia, as the **bleep** pc suite is rubbish!!!
Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi sweeneytodd,

That error is OK because you don't have bluetooth stack for that file (e.g. NclBCBTMM.dll needs WIDCOMM Bluetooth driver)

I don't know your problem but I think that you try to BlueSoleil bluetooth with Nokia PC Suite and it is not working....

Check first you BlueSoleil driver version and here you can see what BlueSoleil driver versions PC Suite support:
/discussions/board/message?board.id=connectivity&message.id=114

If you driver version is not compatible, update it. Or use Microsoft bluetooth driver (if you have Windows XP with service pack 2 and Mirosoft supports your bluetooth dongle).
Please use plain text.

Re: Help me Nokia 6111 Pc suite not working :( - 6233 also

I'm pretty furious with Nokia. I've got a 6233, and have had similar connection problems. I eventually get Windows XP to notice the device, and can access the memory via Explorer. But the Media Suite just locks up when I try to connect. Pathetic. I have held off for ages buying a media / 3G phone because I just didn't trust the technology. And it's been proved to me that it's just not ready - at least Nokia's isn't. Any further advice as to how to solve this problem would me much appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

What do you mean by "Media Suite"? What software it that ?
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
What do you THINK was meant? PC Nokia Suite obviously - isn't that the subject matter of this thread? In one's frustration (which I myself am going through) mistakes are bound to be made.

Message Edited by whyy on 24-Jan-2007
06:18 PM

Please use plain text.

I have the same problem, I can enter the phone in "Data Storage" mode and see the phone in XP but the message "phone in incompatible mode change in phone UI". If I change the phone to "Default mode" XP can't even see the device, it tries to install the drivers and succeds but PC-suite is not showing that the phone is there, neither is IE.

I'd say this is rubbish, I have tried reinstalling the PC-suite to no avail. How the heck can you produce such rubbish NOKIA?

Any ideas, anyone?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

Some Nokia phones are equipped with Media Center software and there are numerous 3rd party software out there that work with Nokia phones so it has not always been obvious what software is in question and particularly these threads where there are several visitors who post and each might have a different phone, PC, Bluetooth version and problem. It is difficult to try to help. Anyone of the posters still in need for some help, I can try to suggest something but the details need to be right.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have a somewhat similar problem with a 6230i as explained at length elsewhere. Communications do now exist between the computer and the phone using a Bluetooth link and I can read test messages, but I cannot now access the Gallery or Contacts folders on the phone (I could access Gallery a month ago!) and Image Store does not recognise the existence of new images.
I do not know what to try next as I have reinstalled PC suite and the Blue Tooth dongle
Please use plain text.
Employee

hi briansg,

did you run that bat file ?
and have you installed PC Suite 6.82.222

and do you get any error message when you try to go Gallery?

anyway, try this: Remove memory card from phone and then try to Gallery folder, does it help?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Professor Miksu
1)I am not sure which .bat file you are referring to.
2) I am running PC Suite 6.82.22.0 which I downloaded 28th Jan. Is 6.82.22.2 a still more recent version?
3) See below, but I did not recently get error messages when seeking to enter the Gallery.
4) As suggested, I have removed the 512Mb MMC card and replaced the battery. (I also briefly removed & then replaced the SIM card)
5) Gallery was then immediately accessible using PC Suite and all the images on the phone (new and old) were immediately copied to the PC using Image Store. THANK YOU.

6) I confirmed that I could still access the stored text messages in Archive.
7)Out of interest, I also tried to access 'contacts' ie nicknames and numbers on my SIM card without success, and to add a name and number from the PC without success.
8) An attempt to 'Synchronise' failed with information that the process was aborted and that 'debugging' was involved. I was also involved that 'Calendar' had also failed to synchronise. I am not immediately worried about these failures as I do not currently rely on the facilities involved.

9)Should I be able to replace the MMC card and continue to transfer images please? :-)
Please use plain text.
Advisor

26-Jan-2007
11:34 PM
zaizai wrote:
I have the same problem, I can enter the phone in "Data Storage" mode and see the phone in XP but the message "phone in incompatible mode change in phone UI".

Thats because you're not supposed to connect using data storage mode. Your supposed to cancel, and then it'll auto-connect with an enhancement device.
Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi briansg,

>>9)Should I be able to replace the MMC card and continue to transfer images please?
Copy all files (what you want to keep) from MMC to phone memory and move those PC... And then format that MMC via phone UI (it may help you to get MMC working with PC Suite)
Please use plain text.
Contributor

You said

>
Copy all files (what you want to keep) from MMC to phone memory and move those PC... And then format that MMC via phone UI (it may help you to get MMC working with PC>

Thank you.
This is the first time that I have seen it suggested that I need to do something to format the MMC card.
What do you mean by 'format .. via phone UI'?
Please use plain text.
Employee

You can find that MMC format option from phone's menu (e.g. Gallery > select Memory card > Options (or something) > Format)
Please use plain text.

hey ...X
this is the same as me i had a nokia 6111 for christmas !! it came with the pc disc bu no cable or anything we had to buy it seprate !!!! anyway my comp sayes that its ready to use and all but then when i press get connected and then when it sayes plug phone in it just has an arrow and an egg times i left it for an hour last night and still nothing came up !!!!! i mean what else can we do ??? theres nothing !!! if you find out how to work it plaese please please tell me im desperate !!!!!
thanxs x-x-x
Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi emz_132,

Did you try that my first message in this thread (it is in first page) ??

And what is your cable type and manufacturer ?
and when you connect the cable to phone, can you see any note in phone UI ?
Please use plain text.