Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How do I connect my phone to the computer?

Accepted Solution

How do I connect my phone to the computer?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

My phone is a Nokia 6085. I have absolutely no idea how to connect it to my computer to transfer music and stuff. My mother's phone comes with a USB plug to connect it, but as far as I know my phone doesn't come with anything to hook it up or any hole to plug anything in. Any ideas how I transfer stuff?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: How do I connect my phone to the computer?

Hij0annelee

You need to download Nokia PC Suite to your PC and have a look at this page for phone compatibility:

http://europe.nokia.com/A4678148

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.

Thank you so much!! I didn't realise you can use that PC Suite to transfer stuff. And no wonder there's no plug - I can use Bluetooth. =3 Thank you!!
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
Erm, now it says "Cannot use this connection type. Check that all needed hardware, software and drivers are available." I checked the guide and it said to plug in the Bluetooth adapter. What is the bluetooth adapter? Sorry for all these problems.

Message Edited by j0annelee on 27-Sep-2008 04:20 AM
Please use plain text.
Sage
davidyiong

Hi, a bluetooth adapter is a electronic device which you need to plug into your PC USB port so that it can link to your handphone by bluetooth. You may find it in computer store.
N95-2, RM-320, V31.0.015, Vista
Ovi Maps 3.0, PCSuite 7.1.30.9
Please use plain text.

Oh okay. Thank you so much. I should start coughing up the money x.x
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

[ Edited ]

27-Sep-2008 10:36 AM
j0annelee wrote:
I should start coughing up the money

Hi j0annelee

Bluetooth dongles are quite cheap!

Here is just one example:

http://www.memorybits.co.uk/shop/bluetooth-dongles/100-meter-bluetooth-dongle-/4002

Message Edited by scoobyman on 27-Sep-2008 12:44 PM

Please use plain text.

listen guys im having a huge problem and i really hope someone can help me out... i recently bought a new DELL laptop inspiron 6400 which already has bluetooth installed.

i am on windows XP professional and previously when i had installed Nokia PC suite everything worked swimingly... Now after reinstalling windows my bluetooth connection still works (as in i can transfer files to and for from phone to PC) but when i start Nokia PC suite, no connection types are available to me neither infra red, cable noe bluetooth so i cant connect my phone thought Nokia PC suite, ive tried everything... reinstalling PC suite, blue tooth drivers you name it but i cant get it to work...

is there something wrong with nokia pc suite 7, or am i just looding my mind

please help

distressed about nothing
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi omarfaroog

Are you running SP2 or SP3?

Please use plain text.

hey scoobyman

im running SP3, recently installed that makes alot of sense... have you found a solution?

Omar
Please use plain text.
Sage
davidyiong

Hi, may I suggest that you use PC suite cleaner, at http://europe.nokia.com/A41198596, to uninstall your PC suite and then reinstall PC suite 7.0.8.2 again.
N95-2, RM-320, V31.0.015, Vista
Ovi Maps 3.0, PCSuite 7.1.30.9
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi omarfarooq

Unfortunately there is no mention of what mobile device you are using only your Dell laptop.

Please use plain text.

hey

nokia 6233... i reinstalled windows and kept service pack 2 instead of installing SP3 so its working now... but is there something wrong with SP3?

omar
Please use plain text.

Haha, I'll have to save up my allowance. =)
Please use plain text.