Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to open backup files?? .nbu?

Registered Member

Re: How to open backup files?? .nbu?

hey thanks dude
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vonchili

I just fell in love with you.

I gone swimming with my N95 and that was not a good idea, i have uptodate back up tho, but no way to restore it with out n series which im not going to get anymore.

Over 500+ contacts were missing for a while, not anymore. Kisses! =)

Please use plain text.

Dude you are the best. Even Noki is not as good as this!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mc2011

[ Edited ]

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nbuexplorer/

This program runs just great for Nokia 5800 backup files!!  Thanks you for your great work petrusek

Please use plain text.
Janusz

Works for 6220c too. Many thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
neera14325

thanks a looott guys this works absolutely fine for my 5800 backup file http://sourceforge.net/projects/nbuexplorer/
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

This is really helpful. http://sourceforge.net/projects/nbuexplorer/ I have tried the above links before this post and were saying either removed attachment or forceful sign up. 

On the other hand , this link had simple download link , and screen shots for more assistance.

Thanks so much again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RusnakCOBRA

Hello all,

is there any chance to extract the file, edit it and pack again to restore? thanks for any ideas!

it is hardly needed :smileyhappy:

Symbian & MeeGo in Nokia fan; SmartMobil.sk editor-in-chief
N9 16 & 64GB, N950, E7, Lumia 800 and 400 previous models
Please use plain text.
Professor
al_lea

Try NokiGems - it's a Nokia backup filer merger for SMS. You can select the SMS from different sources and merge them together as a restorable  .nbu. 

What's the law of the jungle?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RusnakCOBRA

I know about mentioned soft. But...

But. The file i want to include is not an SMS message.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fabiomalf

I use this: very usefull, open source, free and no limits.  It work!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RusnakCOBRA

@fabiomalf:

i know about this soft, already communicating with author. but it can not edit or create NBU files like i need

Please use plain text.
Professor
al_lea

Nokia didn't open and document on .nbu format. It's much harder to write a full featured .nbu editor than a reader.

What's the law of the jungle?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RusnakCOBRA

already talked with author of NBU Explorer and I know now how hard it is to make it possible for Symbian phones even...

I have got another idea - somehow change the PC Suite to backup that one file from one phone to restore it to another phone. :smileyvery-happy: but i can't make it possible.

If someone wanna know the reason why it is so important for me, contact me somehow personally to not make it public. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kaizadrudina

Re: How to open backup files?? .nbu? - And more

Well now with the nbu explorer we can extract the contacts to Vcard format in windows..

Now the issue with me.

On my E51 , under each contact i have multiple numbers with the same title

Eg.  

SAM

Home: 12345

Home: 677889

and when i export it to windows vcard format .. only Home:12345 is saved and the other one is not..

As i understand due to duplicate entries of only title it takes only the 1st one.

but in NBU explorer i can see both the numbers..

how do i extract this to a excel file so that i can have all the numbers and just change the coloumn headding ?

Ive got 1330 contacts and under each contact atleast 3 - 4 numbers .. I dont want to spend time going to each contact and changing the title headding from Home to Home1 or home2 ..which will fix the issue but will consume a whole load of my time.

Please help.

Please use plain text.
Karuna88

Re: How to open backup files?? .nbu? - And more

Hi all,

I downloaded nbuexplorer.exe. Now don't know how to extract backup contents using it.

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rayyan89

How do I restore .nbu file into Nokia Suite ??

I recently backed up data from my Nokia N97 mini onto a computer via Nokia Suite. I now have a different computer and so I installed Nokia Suite in this new computer .  Now I want to put the messages into my new computer's Nokia Suite . I do not have my phone any more as I have lost it . Plus there is some problem in the old system . The only thing which I am left with is the .nbu file . So how do I transfer this .nbu file onto the new Nokia Suite ????? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Re: How do I restore .nbu file into Nokia Suite ??

You can put them anywhere on your computer... when selecting restore from the backup menu in Nokia Suite you have the option to browse for your .nbu files.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ShayaN_DoN

How to open backup files?? .nbu?

Its simple... Just download NBUExplorer & its completly free here is the d/l link

http://pchackz.in/287/how-to-open-nokia-backup-file-in-pc/

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SueJ9

Thank you for the program you have provided at  http://sourceforge.net/projects/nbuexplorer

I have just used the Nbu Explorer to successsfully open a back up file kept on an external hard drive to access contacts and memos from my old N9 phone (which had a malfunction at the same time as my laptop, isn't that always the way!) 

Can these recovered files be imported to my new windows phone -Lumia 800 ?

Also, my calender does not seem to appear in the back up - will I find it anywhere?

(I did not have a calender set up on my previous laptop so perhaps it wasn't synced) 

Please use plain text.