Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to synchronize 5230 Nuron to Microsoft Outlook...

Registered Member
amartyr1

How to synchronize 5230 Nuron to Microsoft Outlook contacts, calendar, task, todo

I just acqired a Nokia Nuron 5230. I want to synchronize with Microsoft Outook in my PC.  I check the user guide.  It does not have specific instructions for synchronizing with Microsoft Outlook.  I tried the synchronization guide, but it seems that the instruction is for synchronizing to a server.  It ask for a contact database.  I put in my outlook .pst file, but it doesn't recognize it.

Does anyone have step-by-step instructions on how to synchronize 5230 with Microsoft Outlook?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Re: How to synchronize 5230 Nuron to Microsoft Outlook contacts, calendar, task, todo

Install Ovi Suite and you'll be guided through the sync setup with Outlook.

http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-and-software/product-support/5230

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
angry5230user

Re: How to synchronize 5230 Nuron to Microsoft Outlook contacts, calendar, task, todo

all i see are answers that answer nothing. "download ovi suite and it will guide you thru????" no, it will not. how can something so simple be so unanswerable? it's not rocket science! how do i transfer calandar and contact from microsoft outlook??? i dont want to hear about servers!!! i just want to transfer from pc to phone!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ddvct

[ Edited ]

I have just bought a 5230 and I agree that its not always easy. Unfortunately its the same with most electronic equipment.

Please be more specific as to where you are getting stuck. Did you manage to download and install the Ovi Suite? Because that is the piece of software that can do the synchronisation with Outlook.

Can you use the Ovi Suite to do things like standard synchronisation or downloading and installing Maps? You then already have done a lot, for instance setup a bluetooth connection or linked with a USB cable (which didn't come standard with my device).

If you came this far then you should be able to do the Outlook sync by:

menu Sync > Sync Options > Options > Device Sync > Select: "Calendar and tasks between the device and Microsoft Outlook" (I deselected all others) > OK

Now press the "Sync all" button in the lower left corner and your Outlook items should be copied to the 5230.

This worked with my 5230 and Microsoft Outlook 2003. Some people seem to have really big problems and a solution to try is given here: /t5/Nokia-Ovi-Suite/Ovi-Suite-2-2-0-245-broke-Outlook-2010-sync-stuck-at-quot/td-p/720176

Please let us know if this helps.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Cherylkw

I am trying to sync my Nuron to Outlook.   I can sync calendar entries from the computer to my phone, but entries I add in my phone do not sync to Outlook.    Am I missing a setup option.  Or any other ideas?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mightygonk

I am extremely disappointed with nokia software. Nokia seem to take a leaf out of Bill Gates book and sell us half finished software. At least we get updates that work from Bill. This synchronicity problem with outlook is indicative of how nokia want to sell phones. If they can't do the software to go with them they should stop trying to produce  it. it is obviously out of their league.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
IncrdiBill

My previous phone was an HTC Windows-based phone for another mobile carrier.  When I would try to sync the contacts on my mobile Outlook with my laptop Outlook, it would sometimes delete all contacts on both platforms.  The first time it did this to me, I had over 200 contacts in my database that were deleted without warning.  Fortunately, I had backed up my contacts to another database before attempting the sync, so I recovered.

OVI is much much better at syncing to Outlook that Microsoft was at syncing two different versions of Outlook.  You can set OVI so that it will not delete any contacts without a warning.  Once you figure out how to set up options, it works fairly well.  Is there room for improvement?  Of course, but it is one of the better tools available.

Please use plain text.