Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

ISync Plugin for 5233 dont work in any way

Contributor
rpxmobile

ISync Plugin for 5233 dont work in any way

[ Edited ]

Hello,

First of all, sorry for the long post and my bad english ..

I am very disappointed with the support of Nokia in Brazil. My 5233 is runningthe latest version of software, downloaded the isync plugin 5233 and updated my mac with SL 10.6.6, Nokia original USB cable and ...

... I can not make my mac recognize or connect my smartphone!

The Nokia support in Brazil simply do not know the settings on a Mac, but ASK ME what to do to configure a mac... That seems like a joke!

I'm reading here in the forum that you can use my model phone with isync, but can not figure out what the problem.

I think that Nokia should Brazil make sure that the plugin works on all handsets sold before available for users to download ...

Using Windows on Ovi Suite for you, using the same cable and the bluetooth sync everything correctly ... The problem is even with the mac ...

On the Mac, with or without the plugin installed v2.0, I can not anything withUSB cable. By Bluetooth can only "see" my device, but the isync says it can not connect.

Details: Across the usb cable I can use the phone as a modem on my macenter "data transfer" to download pictures from the camera and send songs to5233, but I can not synchronize the phonebook, calendar or any other datathat would synchronized by isync ...

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

RPX

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gceccere

Re: ISync Plugin for 5233 dont work in any way

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have done this and it worked for my Nokia 5233 on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion via Bluetooth. I could sync my contacts, but haven't managed to sync the calendar yet.

If you have a backup of your old MacOSX 10.6 Snow Leopard, go to Applications folder and copy iSync into MacOSX 10.7 Lion. If you don't have it, just download form somewhere else.

Go to the Asian Nokia website, where you'll find the 5233's plugin for iSync:

http://web.nokia-asia.com/support/product-support/nokia-isync/compatibility-and-download

On Address Book, make sure that you copy all your contacts into "All on My Mac" list.

I'll came back if I manage to sync the calendar.

Have fun!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gceccere

Re: ISync Plugin for 5233 dont work in any way

This is a link for downloading iSync:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6rt8k244sbxyyem
Please use plain text.