Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Inbox does not load on Nokia PC Suite

Inbox does not load on Nokia PC Suite

Hi, this is my first time here so I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section!

Anyway I am using a Nokia 5630 and when i connect my phone to the computer via USB, the PC suite detects my phone. But when I open 'Messages' on the PC Suite, around 2000+ SMSes show initially (there are around 3500+ SMSes in my inbox) and then disppear after a few seconds leaving a supposedly empty inbox on the PC suite. Refreshing the messages still results in the suite displaying 0 messages in the inbox.

Also, if I try to send a message using the PC suite, it says "Failed to send message".

Any help? Maybe I just have too many messages in my inbox now? Cos it used to work last time.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
cricfancy

Re: Inbox does not load on Nokia PC Suite

Hi,

If you send SMS by your phone are you able to send those messages?  Do take a backup of your messages using Content Copier.  I guess you are storing your messages on memory card...Does your phone is having latest firmware??? Nokia Communication centre will not show some Business card, bluetooth message, Service provider configuration SMS, even if its stored on your phone, it wont get displayed in Nokia Communicaiton Centre...(Correct me if i am wrong)

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Has a solution been found to this? I'm using an E71 with PC Suite and until today had no problems. I have approx 140 text messages in the sent folder and inbox combined.  I can still view these messages on the phone and I can still send and receive texts, but on PC suite I am only showing 4 texts from mid September when I got the phone!?!? :smileymad: My phone software is up-to-date (can’t remember version number, but I did check the update and it said I don’t need one) and PC suite is up-to-date (7.1.30.9) , I moved the text messages to the memory card and that's made no difference. In the settings on PC suite I have noticed that I can no longer get notifications for received text messages, which I have got fine in the past. I am using Windows Vista 64bit in case the PC OS has anything to do with it (I got some windows updates yesterday!?!). Please help! Cheers, Jim.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Just noticed the messages that are showing in the PC suite are the MMS Picture messages, but I've not got a filter on so where are the text only messages?!?!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

The plot thickens!

It's Nokia Communication Centre (version 2) that's causing the problem. 

It can send and receive MM messages but it can't send and receive normal text messages.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I had the problem before and I solved it. 

Now I got the problem again and I really wonder what da heck to do.

I reinstalled everything just to make sure, but no solution…

Please Nokia tell us why your software is **bleep**ing up
Please use plain text.
Contributor

My phone solved the problem with a simple turn of , turn on.

Else start using the ovi system.. it havn't made to many error for me yet, even though the sms system isnt as fast as pc-suit

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Same problem here. nokia obviously doesnt care
Please use plain text.
Arun_P

Hi Guys..

I also have same issue. But some how it fixed. Now I can see all my messages inside PCSuite Messages tab. I was in back of this for half day, Got fixed because of God's help. Will explain the freaky thing I did.

I am using windows XP and Pc Suite Version 7.1.40.6, Nokia 6630.

I used datacable for connectivity.

Total 600 messages are there in my Inbox MMC, Backup of messages also failure.

I try with old version pc suite no luck, try with 2 or 3 other version's of PC Suites no luck. So dont wast time trying with diff versions of PC Suite, that wont help.

Then I check for 3rd party software which can copy Messages from Memory card to Phone memory. ActiveFile_1.30.86_S60_3, I read in forum that using this software we can copy files back from Memory card to Phone memory. After installation got the icon but not working, rebooted mob 3 or 4 time change version of ActiveFile app no way... Fed up and went for breakfast around 11:00pm. "Am just showing my frustration" :smileyhappy:

Got an Idea, I came back and change my message settings to use phone memory which is blank. Sent a sms from my second mobile and connected to my mob to system, and check the pc suite and found that its showing that single message which is in Phone Memory.

I used Software System Explorer: copied the Mail Folder from c:\System\Mail and copy it to my memory card for backup. Then copied Mail Folder from e:\System\Mail to c:\System\Mail and replaced all the files in c:\System\Mail. Copied all files except INDEX file. Checked my phone memory message, Sick Still the same no messages. THEN I DELETED ALL THE FOLDERS AND FILES INSIDE c:\System\Mail EXCEPT INDEX FILE, and recopied the BACK up Mail folder which I first copied in the MMC.

Then got an idea, I removed PC Suite from PC and from mobile, App Manager removed SMSSYNC and PC SUITE SUPPORT.  Reinstalled PC Suite in my PC and installed SMSSYNC and PC SUITE SUPPORT in Mobile when i got the pop up when i connect mob to the pc after the Installation.

Changed the message setting back to Use Memory Card. PC SUITE Load all the 600 Messages.. :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:.  I checked taking BACK UP using PC Suite also.. IT is also Full success.. :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:. For verification I explore the backup file .nbu using the application NbuExplorer_v1.16. and its listing all the files and folders.

Any Questions mail me:    sendtoarunp@gmail.com

Happy to Help you.. :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Nokia am using for last 6yrs.. May be their support is not good.. But Product is really good. What I Feel.. Because I used Moto and Sony.. For hard Use Nokia.. I think.. :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Thank You all... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mani300826

i think... you may install some messaging softwares like zlango sms creater(icon msgnr)...

uninstall it... then check it...

Please use plain text.
seeppc

Deleting sent items via pc suite worked for me.  There were over 300 sent items in my c1-01 which when I deleted,  inbox started loading new incoming messages as before.  Try this with your set and see if it works for you. Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aani

This problem occurs when phone's internal software corrupts for some reason.  I solved this problem by re-installing nokia device software. To do this download latest nokia ovi suite (not nokia pc suite) install it and connect it to your phone using cable.  Go to software updates tab and look for any update for your device if available.  If not you will see an option to re-install device software. Go for it and follow all instructions carefully or you may loose your phone.

Once finished your inbox will be back as before.

Please use plain text.