Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lost contacts - Nokia 6700

Daisarah

Lost contacts - Nokia 6700

I have a Nokia 6700, which I recently dropped and broke the screen of. I have a new phone, however my contacts are all on the old one, as I didn't save them to SIM. I have been told that I can retrieve them by USB, but when I plug it in to my computer it says "wrong USB mode". The Nokia software is fully installed to my computer, but I have not used it before this happened, so I hadn't come across this before. The phone's "brain" was not damaged when I dropped it (it can still call and receive calls just fine), it is only the screen that is broken so I cannot see what I need to press in order to put it on the correct USB mode. Could someone who has this phone please list in order which keys I need to press to get it on the right mode so I can retrieve my numbers? Thanks, Sarah.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Lost contacts - Nokia 6700

As soon as you connect the USB.. Press the Navigation Button (Center Square button) at the center as if you are pressing for OK.. and see if it works..If that does not then press the same button once as if you are navigating down and then press to select (i.e. press at the center for OK)

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.