Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 520 music transfer with correct tagging usin...

elguapo

Lumia 520 music transfer with correct tagging using windows XP on pc

Can anyone please tel me what the best way to transfer all my existing music files from my pc, which uses windows XP, to my Nokia 520 windows phone 64 Gb SD card, which uses windows 8?

Are the 2 windows operating systems compatible? I have tried loads of different ways of transferring the music but none of these has been very successful.

Windows media player is fairly successful but file names, album covers etc are not 100% ( I am very particular about getting all names, tracks , album ,artist info 100% correct!)

When I use " synching" on Windows media player it seems to sync everything over and over again, and the info gets corrupted, so I start all over again!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

David

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

Re: Lumia 520 music transfer with correct tagging using windows XP on pc

[ Edited ]

It is best that you copy the folder the music files are contained in so that images that are not embeded will also be transferred. There is also the difference in the Tag vesions that is why sometimes different informations are shown.

What I do with my music collection is that I use a third party program to edit all the tag versions and then embed the album art. That way there will be no problem when copying the files to any kind of device.

Please use plain text.