Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Mac 10.6 + N8-00 Belle + iPhoto '09 = no go

Counsellor
strawhousepig
Accepted Solution

Mac 10.6 + N8-00 Belle + iPhoto '09 = no go

Currently using Belle on my N8 (*fantastic* improvement in usability btw) and the phone is not connecting as a camera, nor wlll Nokia Multimedia Transfer upload camera files. It will however download iPhoto items to the phone.

iPhoto import never worked properly in so far as deleting items from the phone never happened, but at least before Belle the camera items would upload.

Is this normal for anyone else? Is it a known issue? Will it be fixed?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
strawhousepig

[ Edited ]

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Also, does not work with iPhoto '11 either.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@strawhousepig

Upon OSX 10.6.8 there is no such issue with my N8 running Belle however iPhoto is v6.0.6:

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
strawhousepig

[ Edited ]

Very odd. I do notice in your screenshot that the phone infact still does not show as a connected camera in iPhoto's source list. This has always been the behaviour I've noticed. They seem to be doing what I've begun to do, which is to tell iPhoto to import from files rather than let iPhoto handle it itself. Have you had success with deleting camera items after import?

First attachment is what I get while connected in "Nokia Ovi Suite" mode. The phone is connected but no camera is detected by Image Capture.

Second is what I get while connected in "Mass Storage" mode. You can see that there are image files yet soomething is preventing them from being accessed by Image Capture, which due to the presence of the "DCIM" folder (required by Mass Storage.app) sees a camera is connected.

Seriously, what is preventing these files from being accessed by Image Capture, and likewise iPhoto? I'm sensing some shenanigans on Nokia's part.

Alas I've had to write a Folder Action script that tells iPhoto to import the camera folder when the mass storage drive is connected.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
FrenchDave

I'm using Nokia N8 with Belle, OS X v10.7.3 and iPhoto 11 v9.2.1 and NMT 1.4.2

I've had the same problem in that photos are not uploading. What I found was that the first time I connected NMT after upgrading to Belle, it did upload the photos that I'd taken since I last synched up until the time I upgraded to Belle. 

I've noticed that on upgrading to Belle, the phone stores the photos in a different place.

Before [MemoryCard]>Images>Camera>yyyymm>

After [MemoryCard]>DCIM>100NOKIA>

My guess is that the change of location is the cause of the problem - NMT can't find the image files...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
strawhousepig

[ Edited ]

Booyah!

So right as I finish writing this monster AppleScript, it occurs to me that I have the camera set to name files as their date. Makes sense to me, and I really wish I could do that. Unfortunately for a file in the DCIM folder to meet DCF conventions its name may only contain 8 characters. Whose idea was that anyway?? :smileyfrustrated:

So now I have the camera set to name as "text" (5 characters, no more no less will work) and she imports to iPhoto just as any other digital camera so long as you use "Mass Storage" as the USB mode. Not sure if I set the naming to "date" when I first got my N8 or if it came that way. At any rate, hopefully this helps someone.

Though I do have that 5-in-One camera app* freebie which I still need the AppleScript for, and Nokia Multimedia Transfer still does not upload camera files.

* This is "CameraLover" and further testing shows it to in fact work with NMT, though still no auto-delete from the device when imported this way.

Please use plain text.