Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Mac OS X version of PC Suite?

Advisor
nsquared

Mac OS X version of PC Suite?

Why, oh why, does Nokia continually ignore the Mac community and not release an OS X version of PC Suite (and Theme Studio for that matter)? Do they not know that most people in the arts, design & music professions mainly use OS X? And I imagine these are the same people that use Nokia, seeming as how Nokia is also tied closely to these communities. The NSeries are a clear example of Nokia reaching out to this set of people. Come on Nokia!!! Support Macintosh!!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Re: Mac OS X version of PC Suite?

they do already and have for some time, aka Nokia Collector 1.0, been out for over a year....

it best reflects the mac community as it does not allow you to sync or actually do anything useful except move images, and other media around.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nsquared

Are you meaning to say OS X does nothing? Your juvenile post was totally unnecessary; I goes to show how little you know about OS X. I'll wait for an intelligent person to respond to my post.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

whilst seraphims post appears to be abrasive, it is quite true. Nokia have had the Nokia Collector available for quite a long time now, it was released at the same time as the 7280 and also supports a number of other phones like the 8800.

whilst this application only offers a limited amount of functions compared to PC Suite, you will have access to other apps on your Mac such as iSync that will cover your synchronisation needs. One of the mods here made a very useful post on syncing with iSync, you can find it here: Synchronising Nokia Phones with Apple computers.

So with iSync and Collector you have a complete suite of tools.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nsquared

Thanks for responding. I agree there are work-arounds, however, we still have no method for music organization, among other things. I may sound very bitter, but I'm really just venting and trying to make a general point to the people at Nokia. I'll quote an earlier poster:

>> "P.S. Although the overall user base of OS X appears to be small the % of users within creative industries is far larger - just the demographics of those able and prepared to buy the latest (v.expensive !) Nokia N range." <<

I just seems really odd that a company such as Nokia, very wants to be badly intertwined with creative industries does not jump on OS X, the system used by 99% of the people in these industries.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

its not difficult to create a playlist, even for a mac user. iTunes does it rather well and quickly. just move that and the tracks over to the phone.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
alex_taylor

Hi! You can actually sync your Mac and Nokia with SyncMate. SyncMate is offered at two editions: Free and Expert.  

With SyncMate Free you can sync contacts and calendar in your mac, read Nokia SMS directly on your Mac.

Expert Edition allows analyzing Calls history and managing your SMS from the Mac (writing, sending, deleting).

Details can be found here

Please use plain text.