Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N6500s-1 Phone internal memory

Lollipopsicle

N6500s-1 Phone internal memory

G'day all!

Just wondering if any one has some creative ideas as to how I would be able to run a data recovery on a phone internal memory?

my bf deleted some "important" pix on my phone,

and I want them back.:smileywink: only problem is they whent to the internal memory...

I cant find any software that would mount them as a drive either on PC (XP) or Mac (10.6)

after installing pc suite obviously I was able to access the drive as a folder but data recovery will not work on the folder as they need to read out the file system in order to do meaning full recovery...

Any ideas or pointers much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Lolli

PS: I will not cower in fear when I read the words: "comand line" and "terminal"

Please use plain text.
Sage
jamesvini

Re: N6500s-1 Phone internal memory

Hello,
Its a hard one this one, I would say from what you have said that you need a program that can open the internal memory of a handset as a windows file directory and not a pc suite file directory.
Some one told me once that there was this software he found on a german site some place that allowed him to do things as well as update software and various other such things. I'm sorry but i cant think of the name at the mo, but if you ask around this site they may know:

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/

cheers
"Freedom is the only way, yeah!"
Please use plain text.
Lollipopsicle

Hey, Thanks for your reply.

I have posted the question there too now.

Please if you do remember how your friend managed to do this it would be great if you could put it here!

I have been searching for a solution for ages,

but all I found out is that I am by far not the only one with this issue

and that no one seems to know a solution.

so for any one passing by this thread, you would be helping a bunch of people if you can manage to answer this question:

HOW DO WE MOUNT OUR PHONE INTERNAL MEMORY AS A DRIVE/ VOLUME?

NOT as a file directory through PC suite.

data recovery software can only do a recovery from a volume/ drive, not from an individual directory.

Any help or pointers will be hugely appreciated!

Thanks,

Lolli

Please use plain text.
Lollipopsicle

Seriously no one knows anything about mounting a symbian volume on a computer?
pc or mac? no matter what os, just some one must know a way of getting in there!?
Please use plain text.
WOAKIZZ

hi lolli i am WOAKIZZ...

[ Edited ]

Hi lolli i am WOAKIZZ, i have red your posts about "how to make pc see the internal memory of a phone as a volume or drive" i am in the exact situation...i have a nokia n95 and there i had som videos that could help me a lot...but like an idiot i have accidentaly deleted them thinking that those were something else...i have a program that restores deleted data(the prgram is called easy recovery professional and it is very good..it even restores after format but that's another story).Anyway i saw that your post are quite old...and i saw that until now (6th february 2012)...it would be critically for me to recover that data...if you found out anyway or any program that could do that i would be verry happy....anyway i would stil like to talk to you..:smileyhappy: please give me a reply when you see this...i will reply this message to you to all your accounts where you posted this question...hope too hear from you soon...i have given you a PM on http://www.allaboutsymbian.com where i posted 2 email adresses where you can contact me...

Please use plain text.
GCCG

Hi, I am facing similar issues, were you able to find a solution to it. The only different variant from your issue is that I need to recover a conversation.

look forward to hear from you.

Thanks
GCCG

Please use plain text.
GCCG

Hi, I am facing similar issues, were you able to find a solution to it. The only different variant from your issue is that I need to recover a conversation.

look forward to hear from you.

Thanks
GCCG
Please use plain text.