Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N70 Nokia PC Suite 5.8, using windows ME, Nokia N7...

N70 Nokia PC Suite 5.8, using windows ME, Nokia N70

Im using windows ME and I cannot use the software I recieved with my N70 phone as the software doesnt recognise windows ME.

I have downloaded Nokia PC Suite 5.8 which is compatible with ME but I cannot find a driver for the CA-53 cable thats compatible with windows ME.

1, Is there a driver that I could download?

2, Would my nokia N70 be compatible with the Nokia PC Suite 5.8?

3, If I were to buy a bluetooth usb adapter would this sort out my problem?

4, Do you know of any alternative ways of uploading pictures from the N70?

Thankyou kindly, Matt
Mobile Guru
manta

Re: N70 Nokia PC Suite 5.8, using windows ME, Nokia N70

Windows ME and N70 is not supported by Nokia PC Suite, so you cannot make PC Suite 5.8 to work with your phone.

Your alternatives are non-Nokia PC Sw's or updating your Windows, I am afraid.

Hi,

Could you reccommend a PC suite that I could use for the N70 and ME? I think Im right In saying that I would have to use bluetooth as the CA-53 cable drivers wont work with my windows ME!

Thankyou Matt
Mobile Visionary

your phone, the N70 isnt compatible with windows me. nokia doesnt make anything compatible for win me only win 2000 (sp4) and win xp(sp1). thats why on the download page for the N70 and pc suite it says download for win 2000/win xp only.

bluetooth will not help you as the phone itself is not compatible and the ca-53 drivers only work on win 2000(sp4) and win xp(sp1)

so, as manta says, you will need to look into third party applications to get your phone connected, such as oxygen phone manager II for Symbian - but even this doesnt appear to work with win me