Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N70 and Pc suite

Contributor

Re: N70 and Pc suite

Just moving this into its own thread. Cheers - Karim

Please use plain text.
Sage

Here's some advice from another thread.

Goto Start > Run

Enter "Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll" > OK

Restart your system.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I had the firmware updated on my N70 today to get rid of the dreaded orange home screen at a nokia dealer, but when I try to connect to my PC it won’t work.

When I first got home and plugged it in via USB windows first told me the USB device was not reqocnised, so I pulled out the cable and put it in as advised. it seemed to be ok then, but just after i went to transfer some music over but it wouldn’t let me (as if my phone was not connected) and PC suit said I didnt have a phone connected, although I could see my phone under 'my computer' but couldn’t transfer any thing over.
So I downloaded PC suite again to make sure I had up to date software and drivers, I already had them it seemed but I unistalled and install them again just in case. But when I come to set up the connection the set up screen simply hangs, although the cable is working as windows makes that noise and it pops up to say N70 found, but then a second later says the install didn’t work, all the time the setup screen still hangs in the background.
I have tried every thing in this thread and others including doing the clean setup from nokia.

My firmware version: 3.0546.2.3.18-11-05RM-84
Windows XP SP2

Please help.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

any more help?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

What exactly is visible in Windows Device Manager (you can find it from "mycomputer" right click with mouse, select "manage".
when you have the phone connected with the cable ?

YOu should have:

"Wireless Communication Devices" and under that:

NOkia 6680 USB Generic
NOkia 6680 USB OBEX
NOkia 6680 USB OBEX
NOkia 6680 USB Phone Parent

additionally under modems you should have:
Nokia 6680 USB

Any questionamrks etc. in device manager suggests that something has gone wrong in driver install. Then you should select the phone in device manager , right click and select "uninstall" and boot PC.

Then restart, open PC Suite, select "get connected" and follow instructions
Please use plain text.

It's pretty damming that a company the size of Nokia can not get this sorted out once and for all - it is left to those of their customers who have the time & skill to access web forums such as this one to troubleshoot. Nokia should get it sorted and if not offer an alternative mobile from their range that does what is says on the box! GET IT SORTED NOKIA!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi all,

I have the same problem.
Seems only bluetooth that can connect to the PC Suite.
However, I keep searching for the answer and I got the solution for this. The problem is located at the driver of the USB cable.
Just download it from the link below and run it.
http://www.europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,,81914,00.html

All my problems solved. I can connect to PC Suite via USB.

Cheers,

Mike
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

Hi Mikefn,
Do you have Nokia PC Suite installed also, what version is that ? I does not make too much sense that installing the USB driver separately would make a difference since Nokia PC Suite includes the same driver ?
Please use plain text.
Professor
mobile_maniac

Hi guys, something to look out for...

A lot of the issues to do with the cable drivers are caused by anti-virus and firewall software interfering with the installation of the cable drivers.

What I would suggest is uninstalling PC Suite, disconnect from the Internet, disable any anti-virus and firewall software, install PC Suite, connect your phone and make sure it's all working, then make sure you re-enable you anti-virus and firewall software before connecting to the Internet again.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

My Contacts do not synchronise from From Outlook to N70 or N70 to PC Suite.

My software is
V5.0609.2.0.2
01-03-06 AM-84

The latest PC suite also takes too long to sync with the N70 SMS texts before I can create one. This makes it very tedious. The previous version allowed immediate use of the PC text editor, and only updated when refreshed manually.
Please use plain text.