Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N70 with PC Suite 6.8 on Windows XP x64

Registered Member

[ Edited ]
The Nokia N70 does not work at all with PC Suite on Windows x64. All the drivers load fine in device manager and the modem works but PC Suite says it is incompatible with this phone. Im using the CA-53 cable.

EDIT: Changed title to reflect issue.

Message Edited by karim on 11-May-2006
02:41 PM

Mobile Guru
manta

[ Edited ]
What is the exact error message you get and at what phase ? Is it some kind of Windows bubble pop up message or do you try to do something with PC Suite and N70 and then this message comes up or?
I have not seen any incompatible error messages in PC Suite so it is difficult to follow what could be wrong ?

Message Edited by karim on 11-May-2006
02:42 PM

Registered Member

Re: N70 with PC Suite 6.8 on Windows XP x64

HI. Windows recognises the phone fine no problems and loads all the drivers. When running PC Suite its says that your phone is not compatible download the correct version of the software. I have installed 6.8 and still no joy. I have uninstalled used the pc suite cleaner etc.. but it still wont connect to my phone. Oxygen works fine no probs. and my phone works fine on an XP Pro computer just wont work with X64
Mobile Guru
manta

11-May-2006
05:54 PM
dlynch wrote:
HI. Windows recognises the phone fine no problems and loads all the drivers. When running PC Suite its says that your phone is not compatible download the correct version of the software. I have installed 6.8 and still no joy. I have uninstalled used the pc suite cleaner etc.. but it still wont connect to my phone. Oxygen works fine no probs. and my phone works fine on an XP Pro computer just wont work with X64

Hi dlynch

I still am unable to follow your thinking, so let me explain:

Windows really does not recognise the phone, that is the whole point of Nokia providing drivers for the phone.

So the only way the Nokia phone is recognised by your Windows PC is that the Nokia drivers load and install OK when you connect the phone. And these drivers are part of Nokia PC Suite.
Normally the recognition happens so that you install Nokia PC Suite, then connect the cable just by following the steps of the Nokia PC Suite Get Connected wizard that launches automatically after install of PC Suite is done.

When you then connect the cable, that is the point where windows plug and play forcibly takes over for a moment and finds and installs the Nokia provided drivers(that are part of Nokia PC suite package). And there are many of them, depending on your phone model ther may be 5-10(maybe not 10 but close) device classes that are installed automatically so that can take a few moments depending on the PC capasity.

If the connection then succeeds as it should be, Windows gives you a note that "drivers where installed successfully for this devices" and simultaneously the Nokia PC Suite phone icon in Windows Tray activates from grey to green and PC Sync jingjang icon also changes colour.

So if all this has happened to you, then you should be able to use Nokia PC Suite with N70 with no problems.

If that is not the case, please reply with step by step description that what happens step by step. And also desribe in detail what you are trying to do with N70 and PC Suite, there are multible ways to use it, synchronise, file transfer, etc.

Otherwise I do not know how to try to help.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
Thanks for the Reply. Ok Step by Step.

At the moment i cant use any part of the suite.

1.Installed PC Suite 6.8.

2.Connected N70

3.Plug and Play kicks in recognises an N70 conencted and loads the drivers. Device manager shows drivers installed with no errors including the modem.

4. Within PC Suite i click on Connect i click get connected.

5.The connection wizard launches.

6. I select Cable connection

7. Then Click Next.

8. Immediately an error pops up "PC Suite does not support the connected phone. Install a correct version of PC Suite and try again."

http://www.lynchclan.co.uk/images/dmanager.jpg

http://www.lynchclan.co.uk/images/pcsuite.jpg

Thanks

Message Edited by dlynch on 13-May-2006
09:17 AM

Employee

Hi dlynch,

Maybe Microsoft msxml3 parser (for win32 applications) is missing from your PC (or it is not registered).
Could you try this:
Click 'Start' -> 'Run' and add there text:
regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\msxml3.dll (or C:\WINNT\SysWOW64\msxml3.dll)
If that went ok, restart your PC and connect your phone again. Does it help?
If regsvr32 fails, you have to get those msxml3* dll files somewhere to SysWOW64 folder (maybe you can download those from Microsoft web page).
Registered Member

Thanks - That worked a treat. Obsolutely no more problems after registering that .dll.

Thanks