Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N95 bluetooth drivers for Windows 7

Advisor

N95 bluetooth drivers for Windows 7

I've got Windows 7 Beta Build 7000 installed and working quite happily.

The latest PC Suite is also installed and working and has installed all the USB drivers and devices for my N95.

Over bluetooth, however, the netbook recognises that the N95 can support the following services:-
DUN
Imaging Responder
Nokia OBEX PC Suite Services
Nokia SyncML Server
Remote Control
SyncML DM Client
SyncMLClient

The only one I can get working is DUN, and that's using the generic "Standard modem over bluetooth" microsoft driver.

I tried to install the N95 nokia bluetooth modem driver, but it says "device cannot start", so I'm back with the generic driver.

Any ideas how I can get the rest working, or if there are proper drivers anywhere?

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: N95 bluetooth drivers for Windows 7

The problem here is not with Nokia, but with Windows 7 builtin driver support for Bluetooth. It would seem that the builtin drivers are lacking some of the Bluetooth profiles.

I had the same issue like you do.

My solution was to find the drivers from the manufacturer of the Bluetooth chip. I suggest you try and do the same. Vista drivers should prove sufficient. If they do not work, then you'll probably have to wait untill the manufacturer releases the Win 7 drivers...

Hope this helps :-) 

Please use plain text.
bobsyd

Installed Nokia PC Suite on new Windows 7 64 bit computer yesterday.  Not able to sync my N95 via bluetooth, but usb cable worked.  Bluetooth worked fine on Vista.  Called Nokia support - couldn't really understand what rep was saying, but I thought she said bluetooth won't work with Windows 7.  Is this really the case in March 2010??!!!!

Please use plain text.
bobsyd

Please someone?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I am having the same problem but with a Nokia 5800, having the following show up as not installed correctly

Imaging Responder
Nokia SyncML Server
Remote Control
SyncML DM Client
SyncMLClient

I have managed to manually install

Imaging Responder
Remote Control

But the rest are impossible to install without the correct drivers, I have a Toshiba Bluetooth adapter and have installed the software and still no luck,. I have ended up going into Devices and Printers, right click on the phone and select properties then services and untick

Nokia SyncML Server
SyncML DM Client
SyncMLClient

I guess the bluetooth dongle does not support these services? Does anyone have special Windows 7 x64 drivers for the above services to become active? or shed some more light on this issue?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Roebuck

PC Suite 7.1.40 works 100% on Bluetooth in Win7 64bit.
PC Suite 7.1.51 does NOT work with IVT/Toshiba Bluetooth chipsets. under Win7 64bit
Please use plain text.
Advisor

no use trying for help will have to wait for nokia to release a compatible driver for Windows 7

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cosminelul

Went in device manager and disabled the "Microsoft Bluetooth Emulator"

Then removed the device then re paired it!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
simar_mohar

I have a sony VPC CW16FG face the same problem on my nokia E63. I think the problem is in the drivers for my internal broadcom bluetooth device, so i will download the latest drivers..

Please use plain text.