Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NEED HELP! CONNECTIVITY NOKIA 2228 PC SUITE

Contributor

NEED HELP! CONNECTIVITY NOKIA 2228 PC SUITE

i bought nokia 2228 CDMA several days ago. It said that it could connect to PC suite and it has usb CA-101 for its cable.

The issue is i got this error "nokia 2228 connected in a non-compatible usb-mode"

I was trying to see another discussions and forums but no where to solve my issue.

Could it because that this phone has not been supported with PC suite? in fact, i see at official nokia website, and found that this phone is no where to found in the supported list. But it's true that nokia 2228 description's said that it can. How should i fix it?

I AM REALLY NEED A HELP!!!

already tried at XP SP2 and VISTA Ultimate SP1. All of them in 32 bit. also already install the latest pc suite. Have also tried uninstall and reinstall again. Also have used Nokia cleaner tools.

HELP!!! Thx
Please use plain text.
Employee

Re: NEED HELP! CONNECTIVITY NOKIA 2228 PC SUITE

Hi,

What PC Suite version you have?

If it is something else than PC Suite 7.1, download and install PC Suite 7.1.

Also, you need to connect device in "PC Suite" (or default/normal) mode to PC.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

i have already told that i used the latest one... i've just downloaded today...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

HELP!!! IS THERE AYONE CAN HELP ME????
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
cricfancy

[ Edited ]
Hi sinhan,

As per nokia.com/pcsuite compatible devices list, your phone 2228 was not present, so my assumption is that Nokia pc suite 7.1.18.0 is not compatible with your phone 2228 CDMA

Message Edited by cricfancy on 24-Dec-2008 10:50 AM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

yes, that's what i thinked... but the nokia 2228 description said that can use PC suite... would nokia lied or wrong? i am frustated... maybe i was buying the wrong phone...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
cricfancy

Hi,

Why don't you downgrade your Nokia PC suite to 6.85.x.x and check if this pc suite supports your phone :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.

Sinhan, i have the same problem that you, how do you fix?.... i can´t connected my Nokia 2228 to the pc, i try with the lastest version of pc suite and with the pc suit version 6.84 and have the same message "CONNECTED IN NON-COMPATIBLE MODE" .. What can i do!.. Hep me!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi there,

The 2228 uses Nokia PCSuite for CDMA. Google it and it'll work.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
homdai

NOKIA 2228 PC SUITE

[ Edited ]

Download PC suites for nokia 2228 (compatible with Win XP, Vista, 7) here :  http://www.nokia.co.id/dukungan-dan-software/dukungan-produk/nokia-2228-cdma/software

then new windows appear , click green panel "Terima dan mulai download" = Accept and start download.

Please use plain text.