Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA E61 SYNCHRONISATION 'SYSTEM ERROR'

NOKIA E61 SYNCHRONISATION 'SYSTEM ERROR'

Hi!

Couldn't find an exact match on this error, so have started new thread

Have been enjoying a perfectly synchronised E61 for the past month, but in the past 24 hours have now been encountering the above problem. This message appears on the device everytime I try and sync.

I uninstalled my PC Suite, rebooted, downloaded new version (see below) and loaded up again. Unfortunately, this did not fix the problem.

I can't thing of anything that has changed on my set up, that may have caused this. The only item that was added to my E61 was Blackberry Connect, but I'm not 100% sure the timing coincided with the error.

Appreciate any help that can be offered.

What version of Windows is being used?
Windows XP

What Service Pack is installed?
Service Pack 2

What version of PC Suite is installed?

What is the connection method, cable, bluetooth or IR?
Have being usuing bluetooth historically, but also checked out cable and encountered the same problem
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

Re: NOKIA E61 SYNCHRONISATION 'SYSTEM ERROR'

The error happens in your phone, that has changed with a new software client (that may not be the root cause though) so I am almost certain the problem now recides in your phone. Uninstallng and reinstalling a working PC Suite does not change anything.

Assuming you have not edited or changed the preset sync Pc Suite profiles in phone.
Not sure if E61 has a "reset sync profile" feature in phone sync application, but if it exists, find that and restore the sync profile.

Assuming you have battery booted your phone.

If you have in PC Sync selected settings - create new settings and run through the wizard and then sync and that does not help, you can try these:

Delete files from:
C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Nokia\PCSync\SynchData\phone imei

Reset your phone by typing *#7370#
Please use plain text.

Manta

Thanks. The problem was definitely in the phone itself.

I had to reset my phone which fixed the synchronisation problem.

Unfortunately, when I restored my phone, it only restored the files and not the settings. e.g. BB, Hotmail, etc.

Just getting that fixed up now. Hopefully it won't recreate the original synch problem :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I am having the same problem. I have Windows XP SP2 and am using the Nokia PC Suite software I downloaded this a.m. I have an E61 phone.

Originally, when I started PC Suite the phone would indicate that it was transferring or reading my calendar application and would pause at 80 records, a number of items would then synch on PC Suite and then the calendar would resume synching and finish.

This a.m. it would pause at 80 records, the other synching would occur and then I would get the system error. I was already using the most current PC Suite software but I downloaded it again. I tried all of the steps suggested in the post 2 up and this time the phone would do the same thing except now it would resume synching after the pause but would then display a system error when the desktop reached either 614 or 618 calendar records.

Any other suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I am having exactly the same problem. Have spoken to T-Mobile, who have not been helpful so far. Their suggestion was to take battery out while E61 was on and then reboot. This made no difference.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I couldn't fix the problem even after downloading new firmware. I assumed that there might be a corrupt calendar entry in the calendar. Fortunately, I rarely put appointments in the phone first so I simply confirgured the software to synch the calendar only and to have the Outlook calendar overwrite the the phone calendar. That did the trick and I have reset the software to synch everything bi-directionally. This solution will not help much unless you have synched often and do not have a bunch of unsynched appointments only in your phone. Hope it helpfs.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Have reset my E61 using the suggestion. I then restored the backup from my laptop. I then tested out the synchronisation which worked!! I am in the process checking through all the other settings - especially my mail. So far so good.
Many thanks for all your contributions.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have the same issue than trying to reset the synch profile. I get a lock code when I try to reset!!! Never entered any lock code.
Can you help?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ddguy

The default unlock code is 12345. Try that.

I found this thread when I too started to get this problem for my E61 all of a sudden this morning. I can't believe that this problem can suddenly creep into a phone which was working fine till last night so I thought what did I do different this morning. I had updated my BT S/W in my PC last evening so that was my first culprit. So I deleted the existing PC Suite sync profile for my Lotus Note sync and recreated it- no good. Then I suddenly remembered that I have done something else which I never used to do. I had created 4 new "to-do" on my phone (I usually never create anything on phone). I deleted them all and bingo - problem solved !!! Now what is funny is this works in phone to PC direction but apparently not the other way around (at least in my Lotus Notes setup). Actually this is somewhat familiar as in my laptop I can send files from PC to phone but almost nothing from phone to PC (only exception is Contacts) (Please note that using PC Suite I can send data bidirectionally but I am talking about sending directly from phone.)

So my advice before u take such a drastic step as hard reset will be to check your organizer related entries on the phone.
Please use plain text.

I've had exactly the same experience, phone gets to 80 calendar entries and then pauses for a long time. During the pause the PCSuite s/w shows reading both Outlook and phone data. Eventually 788 of 2174 calendar entries on both PCSuite and phone shown as processed and then 'System Error'. I've changed settings to sync calendar only so that has to be the problem. I've tried most work round suggestions, eg phone reset etc but same result. I'm running latest versions of PCSuite and Phone s/w. This bug make E61 almost useless as I need outlook and phone calendars in sync (my old Palm did it for years without fault!!!)
Please use plain text.

I encountered this issue too, on my E65... Isn't Nokia going to do something about this?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
avnicengel

Even this is an old post, I'd like to register a solution here for other googlings.

This issue happens if you create a new entry using calendar. While creating, you should make event synchronization property to private or public. If it will be "None", then you will have trouble.

Unfortunately it is practically impossible to find which entry has this "None" property.

What I did;
1. Changed PC Suite settings not to synch for contacts and notes
2. Changed PC Suite settings to overwride phone calendar settings using outlook. (you will loose not synched events from phone!)
3. Synch
4. Restore settings to originals.
5. Synch again.

cheers
Please use plain text.

Well, I did not even sync my contacts in the first place... and I always replace phone calendar using Outlook... and I never create new calender entry on my phone, its meant for read-only on the move...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

A similar system error during synchronisation was caused on my Nokia E50 by a repeating calendar entry that had an end repeat date of 31.12.2100. The sync process started working when I replaced it with 31.12.2020.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
grunwald86

Yeeha, jacknet you made my day!! :smileyhappy:
Thanks a bunch, that was the reason! =)

Now it works all pretty fine! *great*
FW 3.0633.69.00 (06-02-08), RM-227
Nokia E61i-1, Carrier: Vodafone Germany
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I confirm I have met the synchronisation system error on my new E65. The strange thing is that it seems that 1247 entried go through on a total of (calendar) entries of 1297 - then it fails.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

NOKIA E65 SYNCHRONISATION 'SYSTEM ERROR'

I applied the recommended "one way sync" (from outlook to mobile) and then reset the "dual way" mode. It seems to have solved the problem - at the expense of some lost data.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

How could you recommend using typing *#7370# !!
This has erased all my phone mail settings along with all the messages in it and all the data in it.
You really should prevent people before suggesting such a drastic measure !

This is only a sync problem and the phone should be reset only at that level.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I'm a proud owner of an E61 and I use Lotus Notes mostly b/c I dislike Outlook.
I've started having this problem after several successful Syncs... Probably because I have had created an entry in my Phone (instead of sending it from Notes), but I'm not 100% sure (really don't want to spend time debugging it).

I've tried almost everything (except for the hard reset) and I'd suggest everyone to start changing 'Nokia PC Sync' Options first... IT DID WORK FOR ME.

Go to configurations > Advanced > Way and check to send from Notes to the Phone ONLY.

If it doesn't work, delete the calendar and try to sync it again...

PLEASE, POST YOUR RESULTS
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

25-Sep-2007 10:16 AM
avnicengel wrote:

What I did;
1. Changed PC Suite settings not to synch for contacts and notes
2. Changed PC Suite settings to overwride phone calendar settings using outlook. (you will loose not synched events from phone!)
3. Synch
4. Restore settings to originals.
5. Synch again.

cheers

Hey thanks, this worked for me. I overwrote my calendar items with lotus notes, and then set the sync direction to both directions.
Please use plain text.