Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

New PC-Suite 7.1.40.1. USB Modem/CDC device couldn...

Counsellor
hale

New PC-Suite 7.1.40.1. USB Modem/CDC device couldn't be installed. [E52]

USB Modem (CDC device) no longer can be installed after update to PC-Suite 7.1.40.1 

The mobile is E52, latest 022.009 f/w.

Even if I select manual update to available E52, or E55 modem from the list, it gives error.

Nokia 640->>Siemens S35->>Siemens C55->>
Siemens CX65->>Siemens S75 -x- Nokia E52:
Nothing is smart in Smartphones!
Counsellor
hale

Re: New PC-Suite 7.1.40.1. USB Modem/CDC device couldn't be installed. [E52]

P.S. Windows XP 32bit. Intel platform.

I have a E71X and have the same problem. After the latest Suite update my cable connection no longer works no matter how I try to connect. The utility to connect a new phone just runs for ever and never connects.

I am paying for internet connection yet I do not have service. Nokia should think about refunding everyones charges for the month.

How do I go back to the version before which worked very good?

Counsellor
hale

I've tested latest Nokia OVI-Suite - the same problem. CDC device couldn't be installed. 

I suspect that can be related to new mobile firmware...or something like unexpected reply for mobile on certain device-dependent checking command. (E52 f/w 022.009)
Counsellor
hale

Ah, the utility connection works in my case. I can access phones data/file folders, backup it. Only unknown CDC device and not working modem function happened after Suite update.

Re: New PC-Suite 7.1.40.1. USB Modem/CDC device couldn't be installed. [E71x]

I have the same problem with my Nokia E71x. Everything works but connection to internet. I'm going to uninstall the last version of PC suite and install an older version (7.1.26.0) and see if that works. This problem started after updating to the lastest version of PC suites.I'll let you know if this works or not.
Counsellor
hale

Re: New PC-Suite 7.1.40.1. USB Modem/CDC device couldn't be installed. [E71x]

For E52 it was fixed in new update. it appears that "Suite" programmers doesn't know even all the models that Nokia produces.