Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 2626 connect to pc

Registered Member

Nokia 2626 connect to pc

Hi! Is there any posibility to connect 2626 to PC via USB cable? I try it with CA-42 and FBUS cable on Com 4, PC find it as Nokia 2626(RM-291) but cant make any operations.Try different types versions of software (Mobiledit, MobiMB,Oxygen,Nokia PC Suite) its dont work.Maybe there is no way
to connect 2626 with PC,its bloked? Only GPRS?

HELP PLEASE!!! Wait for Answer/
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Nokia 2626 connect to pc

I tried with CA-45 having almost same USB connection. It was also not detected by PC suite or oxygen.

Then I connected the cable with MAX232 in COM not the virtual COM. And its working fine with Oxygen,Logo manager etc but not with NOKIA PC suite.

Better try in Logomanager latest version. It must run.
Please use plain text.

hi cmaity!

Well I just purchased a Nokia 2626 and I'm trying to figure out which cable will allow the connection with my PC. I have the Oxygen software and Nokia PC suite... I'm thinking about getting CA-45 cable too but what do you mean when you said that you connected the cable with MAX232 in COM not the virtual COM? ...ehm, what is max232??? (sorry if this question is stupid...) :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

here is the link of the software which will allow you to connect your 2626 with you computer.

click on this link and download the software..

http://www.download.com/MobiMB-Mobile-Media-Browser/3000-2641_4-10212871.html?tag=lst-1&cdlPid=10808...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

Be very careful about using software that allows you access to the memory contents of the whole phone, you could potentially cause damage that may cause the phone to stop working, and you may invalidate your warranty by doing so.

This series of phones is designed for the type of consumer who has very limited need of their phone, which is why Nokia doesn't build any connectivity into them.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

can i use my nookia 2626 as modem to connect to the internet? what cable do i need? what software driver?
thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

As I said above, there is no cable for hte 2626 - it is not a model built for any kind of PC connectivity.
Please use plain text.

You are wrong.
I have a cable for connecting Nokia 2626 phone to PC.
Please use plain text.
Professor
xenogriff

The 2626 is a very basic phone

If u check this site: http://www.nokia-asia.com/A4415086 , it will show u that the phone does not have any connectivity types for the phone to PC

This site shows u all compatible data cables for the phone: http://www.nokia-asia.com/A4433037

Finally if u check http://www.nokia-asia.com/A4482317 , u will see that the PC suite application which allows for transfer of data between phone and PC does NOT support ur phone.

In short, this phone cannot be connected to the PC in anyway to transfer data
if my post helped u out, please click the Star next to it to add some KUDOS to my name :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.

Hello,
I said that "you are wrong". It is true! Because I have one Nokia 2626 and one cable for connecting my Nokia 2626 to PC. My Nokia 2626 transfers data to PC, and PC to my Nokia 2626 perfectly.
All you need: PC + Nokia 2626 + Cable CA-45 + Software.
- Cable CA-45, you can buy any where.
- Software depends on your PC OS (For ex.: Windows XP/Vista..., Linux, Mac,...). So you must find the software.

Sincerely,
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

The fact remains that the model is not designed for PC connectivity. The port is intended for software flashing by service points only.

If you are using unofficial third-party cables and software to access your phone in ways not supported by Nokia, then you do so at your own risk because if the cable or software causes any damage to the phone, you can kiss goodbye to your warranty.
Please use plain text.

Hello,
Don't worry about my warranty from Nokia Corporation. Because I bought my Nokia 2626 + Cable + Mobile Software from Nokia Corporation. So I have time for my warranty from Nokia Corporation. But I think I won't need it. They work perfectly when connecting from Nokia 2626 to PC and PC to Nokia 2626 in the good conditions (about electronic, telecom, informatic,... conditions).
If you want to understand about that, I can teach you!
Really.
Please use plain text.
Professor
xenogriff

i tried searching for a Nokia CA-45 on their website and google, Nokia has not released a cable like that. i even checked at a nokia care point near me and they told me theres no such thing.

i dont think the cable u are recommending is an original nokia product so i would not trust it with my phone especially if its under warranty

as to software, there is only nokia pc suite for connecting Nokia phones to pc and that still indicates no support for the 2626
if my post helped u out, please click the Star next to it to add some KUDOS to my name :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.

pls leondantoan could u tell me what to do i got a CA-45 connectivity adapter cable for my nokia 2626 but instead my system which is a window vista could not detect the driver after i had already installed nokia pc suite 6.84 with the driver that came in the CD pack.
Ur answer and link to any possible solution would be greatly appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hello,
Don't worry about my warranty from Nokia Corporation. Because I bought my Nokia 2626 + Cable + Mobile Software from Nokia Corporation. So I have time for my warranty from Nokia Corporation. But I think I won't need it. They work perfectly when connecting from Nokia 2626 to PC and PC to Nokia 2626 in the good conditions (about electronic, telecom, informatic,... conditions).
If you want to understand about that, I can teach you!
Really.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

What software do you use? Please help me
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
Hello Leondantoan, am searching in the web but am not able to find the pc suite free downloads, if you have any link please post here or mail me thanks in advance.

Moderator note : Email address removed

Message Edited by prodigy on 09-Nov-2008 12:17 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
hi...can u say about the price of the datacable for 2626 u specified & better if u can please send a picture of it.additionally please send me the links for the software download for windows vista to the mobile connectivity(2626).

Moderator note: E-mail address removed.

Message Edited by dazz19 on 12-Nov-2008 02:22 PM
Please use plain text.

i also have same problame. I have connected nokia2626 by ca45 cable with pc but I can not able to connect pc with GPRS(2626) i am using mobi media softweare & pcsuit is not able to recognize my phone.
Can any body help me to connect pc with GPRS
Please use plain text.

I have downloaded it but not able to connect pc with GPRS of 2626.
can you help me?????????
Please use plain text.