Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 515 ,Nokia 301 and PC suite connectivity ??

Contributor
noreport

Nokia 515 ,Nokia 301 and PC suite connectivity ??

I use PC suite (v.7.1.180.94) with most of my nokia phones via bluetooth.

(NOT nokia suite, i dont like nokia suite personally)

Iam planning to buy Nokia 515 or Nokia 301.

Will this phone work with nokia PC suite ???

Nokia 515(Dual sim) ??  work with PC suite or it wont work

Nokia 301(Dual sim) ?? work with PC suite or it wont work

Recently i bought ASHA 501 !, iam disappointed that it did not work with nokia suite or PC suite ??

Suggessions please...

Any Nokia 301 / 515 users please resply...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Re: Nokia 515 ,Nokia 301 and PC suite connectivity ??

[ Edited ]

Does this help?

noreport wrote:

Recently, I bought a Nokia Asha 501, I am disappointed that it does not work with Nokia Suite or PC Suite.

The Nokia Asha 501 has a new operating system, the new Asha Software Platform, built from the ground up.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
noreport

Thanks for the reply.But any idea/suggesstion on Nokia 515 & 301, with respect to PC suite ? will it work or not ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Please, see the hyperlink in my answer above your quote.

Please use plain text.
Pavel7

I agree with this mesage. Yesterday I bought new Nokia 515 - excellent design, fits in the hands! Several issues:

no connection to PC suite, impossible to make synchronisation with outlook, cable connection driver is only for USB connection as external drive. Impossible to change internet connection from WAP2 to data transfer.  I waited  for it with great expectations, but after this experience i will give it  back to e-shop ang go back to old iPhone!  Sorry Nokia, after many years with products like N78,N80,E52, 6300, 6700 etc you don´t give appropriate support to your customers, because there are no pages to this product!

Pavel

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Pavel7 wrote:

Impossible to change internet connection from WAP2 to data transfer.

What is this? Can we help?

Pavel7 wrote:

impossible to make synchronisation with outlook

You can sync your Outlook with a SyncML server or Exchange ActiveSync service. From there, you can sync your Nokia 515.

Pavel7 wrote:

no connection to PC Suite

Did you use the USB modem mode? Please, give us PC Suite » Menu » Help » About Nokia PC Suite » System Information.

Please use plain text.
Pavel7

Thank you for your quick reply,  phone is given back. Regards.

Pavel

Please use plain text.
inex94gmail

In case Google accounts syncronize phone with syncML have to pay to Google. Sync not work with free account!

I tried !!

Phone Exchange application settings. (work sync data of contacts and calendar)

Choose Microsoft Exchange account:

email: xy@gmail.com or   xy@your_domain (handle by google)

server: m.google.com

account: xy@gmail.com or   xy@your_domain (handle by google)

domain: (not use)

Secure: yes

if you decide after the syncronization remove syncronize setting, Exchange will delete all of your contacts in the phone memory. (You will noticed)

Before change EXchange Settings make a backup from contacts to SD memory card. Later you can recovery your saved contacts.

OTHER WAY

If use Nokia own sync menu. (Settings >Syncronization ). I could sync only the contacts. Calendar I can't. Not  depend free or not free google account.

Settings:

server: https:\\m.google.com/syncml

account: xy@gmail.com or   xy@your_domain (handle by google)

daatabase name: 

contacts

calendar

notes

(Syncronize only 50 records per session.)

NOTICED:

- To syncronize contacts maximum records 900-1000 phone numbers. Maximum! ( this is the reason I dont like this phone)

- If after the sync some records not include phone number , only name.

Export  contacts from gmail to google CSV format.

In this file change all "Other" word to "Mobile". After this modified files import to an empty contats gmail account.

After the sync from this account. Yeah, name include phone numbers.

- Sync Outlook calendar to Google account use this program: GoogleCalendarSync.

(sorry, my english not the best)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MirekZoubek

I think that 515 model just shows the state in which Nokia is at the moment. To come out with a new product like this with no support from PC Suite or other software is just unbelievable.

How does Nokia think people will sync their contacts to the device? I use Gmail and all my contacts are there. There is no way to get my contacts to this Nokia phone easily. Using "copy from other device" does not work (unsupported device - HTC One X) and sending max. 10 contacts via Bluetooth will take too long with my 800+ contacts.

I will be returning the phone to eshop and that was my last Nokia phone until Nokia starts to care about users again.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

MirekZoubek wrote:

I use Gmail and all my contacts are there.

Did you consider to go for SyncML as explained above?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MirekZoubek

Abi99 wrote:

Did you consider to go for SyncML as explained above?

That's no longer an option - https://support.google.com/a/answer/2716936?hl=en

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

inex94gmail says it still works. To be honest, I haven’t tried, although I had an SyncML active account. If you like, I test again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MirekZoubek

Abi99 wrote:

inex94gmail says it still works. To be honest, I haven’t tried, although I had an SyncML active account. If you like, I test again.

Thanks for the offer, it would be very kind of you.

In the meantime I managed to find partial solution to my problem by signing up for free MS mail service at outlook.com. The steps then are as follows:

- export from Google contacts as Outlook csv

- import from file in Outlook.com/People

- set up Nokia to use outlook account via Menu/Mail Exch./Windows Hotmail...

That way I managed to get my Google contacts into Nokia 515. It does not help me to keep them synced with Google but it is a good start.

You can use Google contacts in Outlook web mail but this does not sync them to Nokia phone (only true Outlook.com contacts are synced).

Mirek.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

MirekZoubek wrote:

To come out with a new product like this with no support from PC Suite or other software is just unbelievable.

Did you try the the old Nokia Suite 3.6.36? There, Microsoft Outlook sync works.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

MirekZoubek, SyncML with Google Contacts still works here with my Nokia 210 which is a rather recent Nokia Series 40. I used this tutorial. 2-step verification is off in my account. I am not sure whether that matters. However, there is a limitation of 50 contacts as inex94gmail already noted.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
milimetric

I can confirm that this tutorial: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Cseries/Synchronise-your-contact-with-gmail/m-p/818505#M7464 lets you sync your contacts with gmail.  It has a silly length maximum for the password, but other than that is fine.  Just follow it exactly.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dwbmb

Well, my mother do not use any google or whatever acoount, I would ask how to get contacts from Nokia 515 into PC and then into another Nokia 515 (due to RMA) then?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

@dwbmb does the Nokia Suite 3.6.36 help?

Please use plain text.
lanphuong23

[ Edited ]

dwbmb  .it very true. I agree.

i think so.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Vasilev

How do I fill in the phone book on my new Nokia 515. Sync via Google does not interest me. When I use a regular program, through the "Sync and connect", the computer says: "nokia 515 is connected to an incompatible mode." I'm afraid I have to part with a service that I had trusted. return the normal.
Please use plain text.