Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 5800 Restore backup issue !!

Contributor
Alaa_Mahmoud

Nokia 5800 Restore backup issue !!

Hi there,

I would like to ask for help from Nokia support. I Have this Nokia 5800 ( Software Version V 52.0.007 ) for almost 2 years now. I take weekly bases backup all the connect on my phone, specially the massages. I have like 3500  very important massages.

The issue is this, 2 days ago I was just chatting and stuff and out of the sudden my mobile starts to blink and gives errors and turn on & off again. I fixed that issue with a full software installation. However, when I try to restore my backup, which contains only contacts, calendar and massages, the process only restores contacts and a very few of the massages ( no more than 50, from originally 3500 ). I tried to use older backup files and the same issue revealed. I even installed the older version of Nokia PC Suite thinking it might be the software but nothing.

Please Nokia Support help me with this, am welling to do anything even buying a new phone to be able to restore these massages.

Note: I also changed my (  8 GB ) memory thinking its the problem but the same issue.

Any one knows how to fix this issue please help me.

Regards,

Alaa Mahmoud

Professor
al_lea

Re: Nokia 5800 Restore backup issue !!

Check NokiGems for SMS restoring.

What's the law of the jungle?
Contributor
Alaa_Mahmoud

Dear al_lea,

Amazing application. but still i have the issue of not reading the .NBU files correctly.

usually i do this without any problems. i just restore my device to factory defaults and then restore my backup and that's it.

This program is reading the .NBU files i have but am sure it os not reading them correctly. it does not read my private folders. specially the ones includes more tha 1000 massege.

Please advise !!

Thanks for the Quick reply.

Professor
al_lea

It's the trial version limit.

What's the law of the jungle?
Contributor
Alaa_Mahmoud

That is great. Do you garrenty that if i bought the full version it will work !!!! it will get all my massages back !!!

Plus, one more Question. If i Bought a new mobile (Let's say E5) and restore the backup on it, will it work for me !!!

Thank.

Alaa

Advisor
arunkarthik

i think u can use ovi suite 2.0.. its quite simple... refer my own thread.. u can get some idea..

/t5/PC-and-Mac-Software/Unable-to-access-the-selected-memory-ur-msgs-will-be-restored-in/td-p/887717

Contributor
Alaa_Mahmoud

Thank you  arunkarthik . But nothing worked for me... it seemd that the Backup i used to make using PC Suite is not completed. somehow it is not working for the last 4 months. i managed to manually restore messages till february and this is the best that could happen to me.

Thank you all...