Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 5800 XM as 'USB 2.0 Device' via USB

Advisor

Nokia 5800 XM as 'USB 2.0 Device' via USB

Phone: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic (fw: 10.0.010)

PC: Win XP Professional 32-bit Edition SP2 Italian

Nokia OVI Suite: 1.1.243 (latest version)

Nokia Ovi Application Installer 6.85.3011

Nokia Ovi Content Copier 6.85.3011

Nokia Ovi System Utilities 6.85.3013

Nokia Connection Cable Driver: 7.1.8.0

Nokia Flashing Cable Driver: 8.47.0.0

PC Connectivy Solution: 8.47.6.0

USB Cable: CA-101, in equipment with phone

Hello, I am a new owner of the Nokia 5800 EM
Unfortunately I have been quite a problem: the phone is seen 'good' from my PC as a 'memory mass storage' (selecting same option on phone) via USB Cable CA-101 in equipment.
Instead, when I have to 'connect' phone on Nokia on Nokia OVI 1.1 Suite or Nokia Software Update (selecting 'PC Suite' option on phone) there are problems: PC asks me for 6 times driver for a 'USB 2.0 Device' that I can not to find it anywhere on the PC (inside the Windows folder or 'C:\ Program Files\Nokia\' subfolders).
I tried several times to uninstall and re-install everything (including deleting Windows Registry entries or folders on my PC named 'nokia 'and 'PC suite') but... nothing. Instead, on another pc it works well: all 6 nokia 'devices' are recognize and everything works fine.

What should I do? I can not find this problem on the net or a possible solution.

And I can not update the phone, because Nokia Software Update because requires a USB cable connection.
Thank you for any help
Professor
al_lea

Re: Nokia 5800 XM as 'USB 2.0 Device' via USB

You can install the cable driver seperately. or try some older version of it

The Nokia cable driver download page: http://europe.nokia.com/A4144937

What's the law of the jungle?
Sage
siseyorda

Actually an issue like this is more relevant to VISTA, on XP it is very rare , and as far I researced the item it depends on the win instalation

How ever here is what need to do to have perfect functionality:

1. remove OVI and it add-ons

2. go to http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/download-software/nokia-pc-suite/download download and setup

3. connect phone to PC and choose PC Suite Mode when prompted.

and here is the action part ;-))

your pc starts instalation of drivers and does not recognise the hardware connected...

4. Choose "I have drivers"  , in the dialog window browse your PC and point the win to search drivers in the following dirrectory : C:\Program Files\Nokia\Connectivity Cable Driver

5. Such prompting for drivers will appear up to 9 times ( as much as 9 are the services you will availiable via this cnnection) On VISTA there is no explaination confirmation from OS that service is instaled correctly, but dont worry, just point the dirrectory where drivers are located again and again , after all cervices are instaled you will have your phone connected to PC in PC Suite mode.

6. Install NSU

7. Enjoy and buy me a box of chocolates ;-)

If you need my help or I late with an answer you need, send me a private message
P.S.
Please before doing that, be sure you have already searched the topict on this site about the issue you have. Read Help sections before asking. Describe yor issue step by step with complete details.
Advisor

Sorry siseyorda, procedure you wrote me don't work :smileysad: Same error

I uninstalled OVI Suite from my PC, uninstalled 'Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver' 'Nokia Flash Cable Driver' and 'PC Connectivy Solution' from 'Control Panel\Installed Tools', reboteed and installed 'PC Suite 7.1.18.0 ita' (latest version).

After this, PC Suite started and asked me to connect my phone, i connected phone to PC via USB and choosed 'PC Suite Mode' when prompted.... again my PC asked me for 6 times drivers for 'USB 2.0 device' and it DON'T find them in 'C:\Program Files\Nokia\Connectivity Cable Driver\' you suggested me :smileysad:

What can i do now? :_-(

Sage
siseyorda

are you sure your Windows is XP (home or professional) with Service PACK 2  USB 2 comes with SP2..

If you need my help or I late with an answer you need, send me a private message
P.S.
Please before doing that, be sure you have already searched the topict on this site about the issue you have. Read Help sections before asking. Describe yor issue step by step with complete details.
Advisor

Yes, siseyourda, i'm really sure :smileysad:

is it a problem of phone?

Sage
siseyorda

defenetly the issue you have is not connected with the phone..,  what I suspect you are having some windows runtime problems

how ever try to do next  > Connect the phone to a USB at which  you havent connected it yet ( actually this way the PC will accept phone as new device)

if still the phone is not connected than you may also try  this procedure

1. uninstall PC Suite

2. reate new ADMINISTRATOR user on your windows

3. Lod in to the ADMINISTRATOR  Install PC Suite

4. Connect the phone to a USB

if any of this works - for you to be sure the problem is in your windows instalation - connect it to other PC

P.S.
Advisor

I will do it when i come back home from work (pc at work is computer that recognized all Nokia 5800 virtual devices via USB).

But i can say you just now that my home PC have one and only user, me, so i'm (almost) sure i'm administrator.

P.S. Thank you for your help

Sage
siseyorda

it is not about the privilages of the current user.. , usb driver devices usually are being attached to the user account..

so creating new administrator in some cases helps solving issues connected with drivers malfunctions

regards

let me know what happened after this

P.S.
Advisor

As you suggest siseyorda (thank you again):

-i uninstalled 'PC Suite' from my pc and other add-on from control panel

-i created a new adminstrator on my pc

-i log on as this new admin and i installed 'Ovi Suite' (<- or i need to install 'PC Suite'?)

-... same error :-(

I also chaged USB port... but nothing good :-(

Now what can i do :_-(

Sage
siseyorda

maaaaan, a asked you - PC Suite..

let us make the things to work and than we go for a "play" (Ovi)

P.S.
Advisor

I'm becaming crazy :smileyhappy:

Uninstalled OVI and add-on (one more time..), created a new admin on my pc, installed latest 'PC Suite', selected 'PC Suite mode' on my phone and.... same error :smileysad:

Uff, i'm able to use my phone just with 'mass storage mode' but i need 'pc suite mode' and 'usb cable' because they are required to update firmware of phone with 'Nokia Software Update'... Is these another way to update firmware without 'pc suite mode' and/or 'usb cable'?

Sage
siseyorda

hmhmmmm

it is not very nice to hear that, but obviously you are having much more issues than connecting phone to PC Suite

let try something more freeky:
Go to Contreol Panel > Add & Remove Programms > Pc connectivity solution > Change>  Repair

P.S.
Advisor

Good idea!

... but don't work :smileysad:

What is waiting Nokia to release new USB Cable drivers? :smileyhappy:

Sage
siseyorda

The drivers for the phone are in the application folder ( mentioned above). So you dont need to wait and obviously the issue you have is not connected neither with PC Suite, nor with the drivers, cable or phone it self

Preinstall your PC ad use only Genuine softwate.

P.S.
Advisor

Ok, but can i do now to solve this problem instead of waiting new software/drivers from Nokia? :smileysad:

Have you more solutions? :smileywink:

Sage
siseyorda

drachetto wrote:

Ok, but can i do now to solve this problem instead of waiting new software/drivers from Nokia? :smileysad:

Have you more solutions? :smileywink:

Man,

all I recommend you is 100% positive solution

if nothing of I offered works, than the problem is either on to your PC either between the chair and PC

drachetto wrote:

Phone: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic (fw: 10.0.010)

PC: Win XP Professional 32-bit Edition SP2 Italian

Nokia OVI Suite: 1.1.243 (latest version)

Nokia Ovi Application Installer 6.85.3011

Nokia Ovi Content Copier 6.85.3011

Nokia Ovi System Utilities 6.85.3013

Nokia Connection Cable Driver: 7.1.8.0

Nokia Flashing Cable Driver: 8.47.0.0

PC Connectivy Solution: 8.47.6.0

USB Cable: CA-101, in equipment with phone

Hello, I am a new owner of the Nokia 5800 EM
Unfortunately I have been quite a problem: the phone is seen 'good' from my PC as a 'memory mass storage' (selecting same option on phone) via USB Cable CA-101 in equipment.
Instead, when I have to 'connect' phone on Nokia on Nokia OVI 1.1 Suite or Nokia Software Update (selecting 'PC Suite' option on phone) there are problems: PC asks me for 6 times driver for a 'USB 2.0 Device' that I can not to find it anywhere on the PC (inside the Windows folder or 'C:\ Program Files\Nokia\' subfolders).
I tried several times to uninstall and re-install everything (including deleting Windows Registry entries or folders on my PC named 'nokia 'and 'PC suite') but... nothing. Instead, on another pc it works well: all 6 nokia 'devices' are recognize and everything works fine.

What should I do? I can not find this problem on the net or a possible solution.

And I can not update the phone, because Nokia Software Update because requires a USB cable connection.
Thank you for any help

P.S.
Advisor

Instead i think that my PC and the man between chair and PC don't have problems because we passed long long with millions programs, hardwares or drivers without any problems.

I think that Nokia need to finally release stable, and SPECIFIC, drivers for their phones: in these days i found thousand of people on the net, also real friends, that had problems with old and actual Nokia 'drivers' and applications.

Registered Member

Jesus... I have the same problem. I ended up changing OS on my laptop and still can't install it. I did it on my GF laptop and it works perfect but on mine HELL NO. All started after I updated the phone firmware. Nokia should definetly investigate this.

Registered Member
Ab5800Xm

HELP...CANNOT CONNECT MY 5800Xm via PC suite..

I am having a 5800xm and having the latest ovi suite(2.1) and latest pc suite(7.1)..but when i connect my mobile to pc by pc suite mode, the software keeps prompting to connect device in pc suite mode and when i do and start to sync or update, it says no device connected...i have also tried installing the cable driver seperately but it didnt help...