Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5800 usb modem driver (windows xp)

Contributor
manuelangel

All you sugessted is done, and the result is "disconnected".

Really thanks very much your help.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
therion23

Does that mean you can connect now?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
manuelangel

unfornunatelly i can't connect.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
therion23

Can you go online from the phone directly? Maybe you don't have a data subscription or ran out of credits (the latter happened to me several times, hehe).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
manuelangel

yes, i connect to movistar directly from the phone, I will go to de/re install the PC suite as was told in previous entries in this topic.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

worked for me :smileyhappy:

jjgambar wrote:

Is true,  work, I check  c:\Windows\Inf\mdmcpq.inf and did not have the famous file ... so I
locate this one in http://www.infdump.com/download-inf-files_new.php/inffiles/M/MDMCPQ.INF/5.1.2535.0/download.html and copy it and then just update the driver and install correctly. tnks therion23

thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
therion23

Glad to hear! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
piotr1

Thank you therion23!!! God bless you :smileyhappy:

Stupid nokia support has had no clue how to help their customers... and here you come and solve it just like that; mdmcpq.inf

I had this problem on N900, BTW, so its very generic issue with the USB driver.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
therion23

piotr1, you are very welcome! :smileyhappy:

And yes, i know it's generic. Had the same problem with three very different phones, which led me to think it was my XP at fault. I had used a third party uninstaller on it, since it's a netbook with limited disk space, and that turned out to have caused the problem in my case. So it's really not Nokia's fault. We can probably blame them for many things, but not this :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
santu9

[ Edited ]

The file you specified is present but still modem is not getting detected/not working. And in device manager drivers for modem were installed properly.

-----------------------

Is true,  work, I check  c:\Windows\Inf\mdmcpq.inf and did not have the famous file ... so I
locate this one in http://www.infdump.com/download-inf-files_new.php/inffiles/M/MDMCPQ.INF/5.1.2535.0/download.html and copy it and then just update the driver and install correctly. tnks therion23

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
razzer_scott11

well it seems like this is an issue since 2 years ago.. but all of the suggestions i did try to do. NOTHING of them worked. It really resulted to a waste of time trying to follow the suggestions.. ano other fixxes that really will resolve this problem? i hope there is a real solution about this issue.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
razzer_scott11

well this is still not working. i still got the same error INF..non sense?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ricke

This solution worked for me. I am running Vista as an OS and I just selected the C:\Program Files\Nokia folder (with the sub-folder option checked) and it found the driver and installed it. Problem solved! Thanks slparry.
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
surfstick

Hi, slparry. I used your way, it works finnally. Thanks....
Please use plain text.