Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 5800xm - PC Suite & Windows 7 Issue

cM_xB
Accepted Solution

Nokia 5800xm - PC Suite & Windows 7 Issue

Hello

I've trawled through quite a few posts and I'm struggling to find the answer to my current issue with PC Suite, Ovi Suite & Windows 7.

PC Suite Version - 7.1.40.6 (Downloaded from Website 4/2/10 UK Formated Date)

Windows - Win 7 32 Bit (Upgraded from Vista)

Ovi Suite - 2.0.2.42

Connectivity - Via USB Cable

5800xm Version - 31.0.101 - RM356

Previously I used Windows Vista with my Sony Vaio Laptop without any issues.  However Sony sent me some Windows 7 Upgrade Discs and of course I upgraded without looking into issues as I was sure that Nokia Software would be 7 Compatible, guessing i was wrong.

Neither of the 2 applications can connect with my Phone since upgrading to Windows 7. 

Both just sit there on the Connectivity Screen and eventually inform me that they cannot connect to the device or no device present. 

Inside my Device Manager i have several errors which are obviously causing my error.  The following Names are displayed as NOT INSTALLED.

Generic Phone

LCIF_Alt0

PC Suite-Services

SYNCML-SYNC

I've removed and re-installed both Ovi Suite and PC Suite and still the drivers dont appear.  I've tried to remove and reinstall the devices via Device Manager, but Windows still reports the devices as NO Drivers.

Where can i get these drivers from so PC Suite / Ovi can connect to my Device?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Darren

PS - Nokia Ovi Player works and transfers music with no problems, so the Cable is fine :smileyhappy:

cM_xB

Re: Nokia 5800xm - PC Suite & Windows 7 Issue

Hi

I'll just add 

Connections through PC Suite & Ovi Suite work via Bluetooth

Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver version - 7.1.23.0

Cheers

cM_xB

Ohhh

I have appeared to have fixed the issue.

I noticed the Nokia Connectivity Cable Drivers had a Repair Function, i ran this process and reconnected my device.

All drivers were then found and installed correctly.

Cheers

Contributor

I dont get it. I cant get it to work. Windows own drivers (?) take the control over my ovi-suite. am i lost or right?