Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 6020 Modem Driver Download

Advisor

Nokia 6020 Modem Driver Download

I dowloaded the modem driver for 6020 as directed at http://www.nokia.ie/A4144316 but the file downloaded seems to be an information file - opens in Notepad. Is this a modem driver? File given for download is : Cable Modem driver for Windows 98SE,ME, 2000 and XP Users Download now Nokia6020Cable_98SE_ME_2000_XP.inf 28-Jan-05 | 6.00 KB | English
Advisor

Re: Nokia 6020 Modem Driver Download

[ Edited ]
You'd need to right click on the file and go to install I believe,

Hope it helps

Ripley :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by ripleyrat on 23-Nov-2006
05:30 PM

Advisor

Thanks for reply.
When I click on file in the ordinary way I get the Security Warning Box asking if I want to open this file.I can then open it in Notepad - When I right click on file and then click on install option I get the same Security Warning Box asking if I want to open this file. When I click on 'open' the box disappears and nothing further happens !!
Still no Modem Driver !!
Mobile Sensei

Try installing it through Control Panel (Phone and modem options | Modems | Add... | Don't detect... | Next> | Have Disk... | etc.)

(Windows has a built-in generic modem driver and the .inf files are, indeed, just text files that Windows uses to configure the driver.)
Professor

Or you can copy inf file to c:\Windows\inf directory. After this connect your phone to your PC and Windows should install that driver automatically.
Registered Member

this .inf file you dowloaded is not meant to be installed directly but all you have to is to select that file when you are insalling the modem ..go to control pane>phone& modems>modem tab then add new modem then check the option "do not detect my modem let me choose from a list " from this click "have disk" then browse to the loaction of the (Nokia6020Cable_98SE_ME_2000_XP.inf ) that modem driver you have downloaded ...this is the only way to install the file ..configure the rest