Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 6020 and PC Suite

Nokia 6020 and PC Suite

Can anyone help please. I'm having a nightmare trying to install this software. It's been on and off my Dell about 5 times in two days.

The problem is that the PC Suite cannot find my phone. I've installed the drivers as they should be but still no joy.

I read the installation guide and there is something in there that says I should configure the phone to accept PC Suite. However, I've read the phone manual from front to back and it only briefly mentions you can use PC Suite with the ophone and what you can do with it, but it does not tell me what (if anything) I have to configure

Any ideas

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: Nokia 6020 and PC Suite

Hi,

You don't mention some vital information:
- PC Suite version
- cable model you are using
- Operating system

You need to have original Nokia cable which model is CA-42. The newest PC Suite version is 6.84, you should try that if you don't have that yet.
Please use plain text.

Re: Nokia 6020 and PC Suite

Thanks

The Suite is the latest 6.84.

The operating suystem is XP Media Edition running on a Dell 230 SATA and dual Athlon processor

The cable, although sold as original Nokia, I now believe is not.

Got to wait to get an original
Please use plain text.