Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 6070 and PC Suite

Advisor

Nokia 6070 and PC Suite

[ Edited ]
My Specs Windows XP Pro SP2 512mb RAM 60Gig HDD and PC Suite 6.81.13.0 plus I only have USB 1.1 not USB 2.0 Ports. Ok I bought a data cable DKU-2 from mobile fun,is this cable any good or should I buy the genuine CA-42 as I have installed the PC Suite that says my drivers are bundled with the PC Suite but when I connect the Phone I always get "USB Device Not recognized" and in device manager I get "Unknown Device" where the phone is meant to be shown. Also In the properties of the "Unknown Device" I get no drivers installed so im a bit stumped to say the least. I have also tried installing the individual driver for the phone but still no success, has anyone got a link to drivers that I may need just incase I selected the wrong driver. Many Thanks for any help given.

EDIT: Removed link to online shop

Message Edited by damocles on 24-Aug-2006
09:47 AM

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Re: Nokia 6070 and PC Suite

you are not using the right driver.

the cable you have bought is not a nokia cable, so installing the nokia driver will not help you at all.

you dont mention what phone you have, so gettin a ca-42 wont help either. your phone (whaever it is) will use either the DKU-2 or the CA-42 - they are for different phones.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

So if im not using the correct driver what one should I be using for the cable DKU-2??

Er in the thread Title Nokia 6070 kinda gives away my phone, lol
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

There are "real USB" phones and those use DKU-2(old model) or CA-53(new model) cables.
There are real USB phones in both "phones" category and smartphones category. So you always have to check.

Then there are some phones that still have the old "serial cable connectivity", but the cable contains some firmware to make the conversion such that the cable can be connected to USB port in PC. These cables are DKU-5(old model) and CA-42(new model)

For old DKU-5 cable you need to install separate driver, but for the other models the driver software is inclued in Nokia PC Suite.

And by the way, there are some reallynew cables out there CA-70 I think that also charges the phone while connected, that driver is also included in PC Suite.

Your phone requires DKU-5 or CA-42. And since you have bought a non-Nokia cable, you might have a cable that is just "look alike", but the firmware inside eighter does not exist or does not do what it is supposed to do.

There are people who are saying that they have a non-Nokia DKu-5 or CA-42 and it works, but I have clearly see more who say they can't get it working.
On the other hand, people rarely write anything if everything just works :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Ah I get you Cheers, Ive just got the proper CA-42 cable and I have a good connection now :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.