Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 6080 cannot connect to pc.....

Registered Member

Nokia 6080 cannot connect to pc.....

I had install driver cable CA-53 but window shows that one of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and window does not recognize it...
What should i do ? ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

Re: Nokia 6080 cannot connect to pc.....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

but the dealer say can...
i try to uninstall & install again still cannot connect to pc...
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I tried to connect my Nokia 6080 using a CA-42 USB cable. The phone says "Enhancement not supported."

My windows 2000 PC with all service packs cannot find drivers for the cable. PC Suite Connection manager doesn't recognise that the CA-42 cable is connected. I can connect fine with InfraRed, but I'd prefer the stability of the cable connection.
C:\Program Files\Nokia\Connectivity Cable Driver folder has various .inf files none of which contain reference to a 6080.
Ive tried using different USB ports & rebooting the phone.
I've tried Miksu's suggestions in post:
/discussions/board/message?board.id=pcsuite&message.id=11445

I think the problem is that nokia have not updated there cable drivers for the Nokia 6080
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi there,
First uninstall Nokia PC Suite from the machine, run the latest registry cleaner from the link: http://europe.nokia.com/A4144912
install ca-42 drivers from this link: http://europe.nokia.com/A4144937
then install PC Suite and check if the connection is working fine.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I uninstalled PC Suite & used PC Cleaner to remove all files. Restarted.
1st installed Only the cable driver. No luck.
2: Installed PC Suite 6.82.27.0. Restarted. No Luck. Ran the .bat file from Miksu's advice to register all .dll files. Rebooted. No luck.

When I connect the cable to the phone, the phone displays:
i Data Enhancement connected
i Enhancement not supported

When Windows 2000 prompted to install the cable. It could not find a suitable driver. So I chose "Have Disk" and browsed to
"C:\Program Files\Nokia\Connectivity Cable Driver"

Many Nokia **** USB Modems were listed.
*NO driver for Nokia 6080 was listed*
That is why I conclude that Nokia has not created support for the 6080 in their cable drivers.
I tried Nokia 6085. It installed, but the cable no-longer shows up under connected USB devices and the "modem" would not respond. uninstalled that.

Has anyone with the 6080/CA-42 had success?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hey,

I am using a 6080 with CA-42 cable and it is working awesome no problems till date. You said that "Enhancement not supported" error. Are you able to use a headset without any problems?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

No problems with the headset.
I have 3 devices listed under
menu > setttings > enhancements
- headset
- text phone
- charger

does your list also include the cable? Mine doesn't.

Perhaps it is the softmware on my phone. When I connect with InfraRed, PC suite file manager is unable to browse to my Text Message folders. I can browse to my Contacts and Gallery folders. I'm considering finding a nokia service agent to re-load the software on my phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Try plugging the cable into the phone first them pluging the cable into the computer's usb port it worked for me
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have a 6080 i connect the cable to the phone before plugging it into the computer and everything works fine.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Tried that. I got the same "Enhancement Connected" and then "Enhancement not supported" messages on the phone even before I connect it to the PC.

I reckon as long as those messages appear on the phone, the PC will not be able to install drivers as it relies on the signal from the phone to identify what type of driver to install with the cable.

Should I have mentioned I'm trying to use a generic CA-42 cable? I'll try to borrow a genuine Nokia CA-42 to see whether I get the same response.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I just purchased a Nokia 6080 and a Generic CA42 cable. I got the same "Enhancement Connected" and then "Enhancement not supported" messages on the phone while connecting. But while running the PC Sute (I downloded the latest PC Sute from Nokia site.) it recognise my 6080 and everything is working fine.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,
You may have had your problem fixed by now. I had exactly the same problems with PC suite not recognising the message folder. I use a generic cable and it worked fine with all other models.
After many weeks of denial and three new phones, Nokia finally found a fault with the software on the phone. They flashed the software and now it's working fine. I'd suggest take it back to nokia for the software fix.
Please use plain text.

Hey mine is Nokia 6080 and i used a DKU-5 cable i don't think its genuine., n i too got the same msg, enhancement connected, but not supported.. wat should i do? i hav got all da softwares wit me. now everythin is unistalled, tell me the steps in brief of re installin it..,

Thank you,
LR
Please use plain text.

Seems there may be several different versions of 6080 software.

My Connectivity folder on my 6080 only offers infrarde or packet data, and cannot find any way to enable Cable Connection.

Of course, Nokia will no doubt want me to pay megabucks to do a flash upgrade

WinXP, SP2+, P4 2.4 1.5gb, PC Suite 6.86.9.3
Please use plain text.
Advisor

This link for the Registry Cleaner is no longer working!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gopinath_sairam

Dear Mr.Sriram, Pls guide me how to use CA-42 data cord from Nokia 6080 to my PC...dealer says there is no option with my model (Nokia 6080) bought during 15-08-2007.. any possiblities to transfer data (except IR) pls guide me..

Rgds,
Gopi
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gopinath_sairam

Sir,

Pls guide me whre to get this CA-42 cable, coz normal dealers not having this cable it seems and says it is not compatiable to Nokia 6080..pls guide me..ASAP.

Rgds,

Gopi

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
scinsrirams

Hi Gopi,

Pls walk into any of the Nokia Priority Dealers in your city and ask for CA-42. Then download and install the latest version of Nokia PC Suite from www.nokia.co.in/pcsuite (If you are from India), then connect the handset to the PC using the cable.

Afetr connecting wait for the drivers to be completely installed. Afetr installation, the PC should show N6080 connected via USB, then open PC Suite and use.

BTW CA-42 is the only cable with which 6080 works. For NPD, visit http://www.nokia.co.in/find-a-store

Hope this helps you to connect.

Sriram

Please use plain text.