Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 6230i

basse52

Nokia 6230i

Hi,

I have and old 6230i, works fine though. OVI does not work with this phone. Does anyone know where/if I can get the latest compatible PC Suite that will allow me to download music from my PC to my phone, preferably in Danish, I have version 6_86_9_3 in English and it works OK, I would like to have a Danish version though.

Where can one actually see the different software versions compatible with ones phone? Why can´t one download earlier versions from Nokia`s homepage?

Kind regards,

Stephen

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

According to the PC Suite page version 7.1 is compatible with the 6230i.

You can download it in Danish here:
http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/software/Nokia_PC_Suite_dan_web.exe
Please use plain text.
basse52

Hi,

Yes, the late version 7.1 will work with my phone, I have tried to install it several times, but there is no possibility of transferring music between PC and phone, you need OVI to do that. At least, that has been my experience, maybe I`m wrong?

Kind regards,

Stephen

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

You don't need any nokia software to put music on your phone. If it's in a supported format you can just drag and drop it using windows explorer.
Please use plain text.