Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 6500 Slide PC Suite

Registered Member

Nokia 6500 Slide PC Suite

Hi there, my partner and I have just bought ourselves the 6500 slide and are both having problems getting the PC Suite to work. Tried uninstalling it, downloaded latest version, swapped handsets and still does not work. Occasionally when clicking on the icons it will open, until you click on the Contacts and then it just freezes and locks up the PC Suite altogether? Sometimes it won't even recognise the phone is connected! Has anyone any ideas please that could fix this?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

Re: Nokia 6500 Slide PC Suite

You don't give much info to go on, so here are some general tips:

You should deactivate your antivirus and firewall software during the installation of PC Suite, as they can interfere with correct installation.

Current versions of PC Suite support only Windows 2000, XP and Vista. If you have Vista, ignore the CD that came with the phone and download the latest version 6.85 from the Nokia web site, this is the first with official support for Windows Vista.

Are you using a cable connection to your PC or Bluetooth? If using Bluetooth, it is best to use the standard Windows Bluetooth drivers as opposed to drivers provided by manufacturers of Bluetooth dongles.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,
I've just downloaded the latest PC suite for the Nokia 6500 slide.
When I try to import a plain and simple .csv file containing all my contacts, following the procedure in the help files, I get a message saying "can't import this file. Please check the file format." I know the format is OK, as the file imports faultlessly into other phone software suites on the same computer. Tried several times with different files.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Peter
Running Vista on an Intel Mac > No problems with other phone software.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
cricfancy

Hi pbenson,

You can check the following link for your issue which is similar to that of yours...

/discussions/board/message?board.id=pcsuite&thread.id=30073

I had a .csv file taken from pc suite 7.0.8.2 and when i tried to import that to 6500 slide in vista ultimate it has transferred 208 contacts without any issues
Please use plain text.