Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Connectivity Cable driver problem (Nokia 311...

Contributor

Nokia Connectivity Cable driver problem (Nokia 3110 Classic USB modem problem)

[ Edited ]
I have an unlocked Nokia 3110 Classic with 2 GB MicroSD Nokia MU-37 memory card. On my PC operating system is Windows XP Service Pack 3. For connection with PC I use an original Nokia DKE-2 USB 2.0 data cable. My problem is when I install any version (from 6.5 to the latest 7.0) of Nokia PC Suite with Nokia Connectivity Cable driver or separatly this driver first and then Nokia PC Suite I got a problem under Device Manager with two devices that have yellow exclamation (saying: The drivers for this device are not installed.(Code 28).To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver). They are under Modems: Nokia 3110 Classic USB modem, and under Ports (COM & LPT): Unknown device. This unknown device and also Nokia 3110 Classic USB modem (with yellow !) is present when I connect my phone and PC with USB cable and when I choose Standard Nokia mode. I tried to solve this problem on many ways (unsuccesful) following NOKIA instalation instructions and troubleshooter. When I try to install (or reinstall) a driver for this two problematic devices with Hardware Update Wizard choosing Windows Update or any other way (automatic - recommended or another) at the end I got this message: 1. Windows can't install modem with two answers: YES or NO, if I click YES, there is a new message: A service installation section in this INF is invalid. If I click NO at the first message the window of Hardware Update Wizard is just closed with no other messages !

So please if anyone here knows (or had this problem before and solve it) how to solve this problem, help me, because I am desperate.

I'll be grateful for any help !

Message Edited by ratnik_pakla on 29-Sep-2008 11:17 PM

Message Edited by ratnik_pakla on 29-Sep-2008 11:23 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Nokia Connectivity Cable driver problem (Nokia 3110 Classic USB modem problem)

Hi ratnik_pakla

Was this issue present before you upgraded to Xp SP3 or have you only tried connecting since SP3 installed?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Nokia Connectivity Cable driver problem (Nokia 3110 Classic USB modem problem)

I install Nokia PC Suite first time after I upgrade Windows XP on Service Pack 3. Before that (when I got Service Pack 2), I have no installed Nokia PC Suite.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
In this attachments are pictures (screenshots) of my problems (in .bmp format): screenshot of Device Manager on my PC, Unknown device in Device Manager,Nokia 3110 Classic USB Modem in Device Manager and Windows XP Professional SP3.

You'll see that I use on my Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 some Vista themes. So, don't think that this is some "fake Service Pack 3", this is the real Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (last and official, not release candidate) downloaded from Microsoft Web site, but I use some Vista Customization Desktop Tools or something like that, I don't know exactly the name of this program, but that program install Vista themes that I like.

P.S. This attachments are pictures in .bmp format but I added a .txt extension because this forum only except files with .log, .txt, .bat, and .xml extensions, so if you are going to save and open it on your PC please remove .txt extension. If not, just click on it.

Message Edited by ratnik_pakla on 30-Sep-2008 03:10 AM

Message Edited by ratnik_pakla on 30-Sep-2008 03:13 AM
Please use plain text.