Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E61 not detected by PC suite

Contributor

Nokia E61 not detected by PC suite

What version of Windows is being used?: Windows XP SP2
What version of PC Suite is installed?: 6.83.14.1
What is the connection method: USB cable
If you are getting an error message, it would be a good idea if you could let us know the exact error message you are getting: No error message

Context: I am a BES administrator and have previously successfully configured Nokia E61 phones (SIMless) to use Blackberry (Orange network) SIMs in Tokyo (Orange do not provide Tokyo Blackberry support). Now, for no apparent reason, our only two Nokia E61s cannot connect to the PC Suite, which means I cannot configure it for user's who want to use it in Tokyo.

Problem: a Nokia device is recognised by Windows when connecting the USB cable- all drivers and components are successfully installed and hardware is reported as ready to use, but the PC Suite does not recognise the device and sits on the connection screen with the egg timer and eventually a troubleshooting screen pops up, but none of the troubleshooting advise works.
I have tried uninstalling all relevant software, using a cleaning tool too, re-installing the software. I have tested the Nokias on a different PC and used different logins/profiles but the problem persists.
I have waited on the phone to Nokia support for 114 minutes but did not get through to an engineer!
I have seen this problem in this and other forums but none of the advise has helped.
Any advise greatly appreciated!

Phil
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Nokia E61 not detected by PC suite

hi pdogger

With reference to uninstalling PC Suite 6.83 rel_14.1 it removes core application, but cable driver portion remains.

You may need to get Windows Installer Cleanup Utility "msicuu2.exe" from Microsoft.com and run this. You need to select "Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver" and "PC Connectivity Solutions" programs. After running this utility they should now uninstall.

Reboot your PC.

This should now enable a clean install of PC Suite.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Professor

Hi pdogger,

When you connect phone to PC, does Windows show any indication that a new device has been connected?
After installing PC Suite, open Device Manager? Do you see any question or exclamation marks? If you do, please uninstall those, disconnect and re-connect the cable. This will re-install drivers.

Does these help?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi,
I ran the Nokia_PC_Suite_Cleaner_3_6.exe which did not help (having uninstalled all elements of the PC Suite). Installing and running the msicuu2.exe did not show any reference to the PC Suite- only references to other installed programmes that I need to keep. I have installed and tried to connect PC Suite on another PC and get the same problem. Maybe this is pointing towards a problem with the device/device software? I have hard reset it but still get no joy. The version of software on the device is up to date I believe: 3.0633.09.04.

Phil
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi,
Windows picks up the device fine- all wireless elements are visible in Device Manager- no visible conflicts whatsoever. Installation looks perfect- but the PC Suite simply does not detect the E61. I have also tried re-installing the cable driver manually with the the latest driver downloaded from Nokia- no joy.

Does anyone have a support number for Nokia- one that actually has an engineer on the end of it! I ring 08450455555 and hang on the line forever (114 minutes last time!).

Cheers.
Please use plain text.