Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia windows phone 8 and usb mode

Contributor
Skaik

Nokia Lumia windows phone 8 and usb mode

Whenever connect my Lumia 6200 to my laptop by Nokia USB cable it didn't connect to PC suite software and getting message non-compliance USB mode and it asks me to change the USB mode from transfer to PC suite but I couldn't find this option in wp8.

I tried to reinstall PC suite and update it but still giving the same issue while I am,able to see the mobile as a mass storage in my computer,

please help me to change to USB PC suite mode
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Haven't you searched the Forum before posting ? 

Have a look at THIS and THIS and THIS ..and your query must get answered ...

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi, Nokia Lumia 620 is not supported in Nokia Suite. You can use for example Windows Explorer to transfer files from PC to Nokia Lumia 620 via USB cable.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sandy13

Can we expect an updated version on nokia PC suite compatible with nokia Lumia windows phone 8 as i am using Lumia 620
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi sandy13

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! :Cool:

Nokia PC Suite is only compatible with some Nokia devices that has a Symbian OS. Latest version of PC Suite is 7.1. Since you're using Nokia Lumia 620 you can use Windows Phone Application.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Alba1982

Hi there,

I am a new user of LUMIA 620 (Windows Phone 8). I have all my contacts from the old phone saved as an .spb-file on my PC. As Nokia PC Suite is not working on Windows Phone 8, how can I transfer them to my new LUMIA?

Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Skaik

I was having the same issue; but what I did is that I uploaded my contacts to my exchange mailbox (business email) and then enabled this email on my lumia device and sync the contacts. This is the simplest way.

But I believe that still we need a PC software that has all basic features like pc suite
Please use plain text.
Alba1982

Hello again,

Skaik, you're right, the existing software (Windows Phone) is incomplete, some basic functions has to been added.

Now back to my problem. Obviously, copying contacts to the Outook-account would be the best. The problem is, that I lost my phone and only possess the .spb-backup-file.So in the case, the only possible option seems to be to transfer the file somehow directly from the PC to the Lumia 620.

Anyone from Nokia has an idea how to solve this?

Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.
Alba1982

Okay okay okay- I found a work-around on my own:

My spb.file was a backup-file created with the Samsung Kies software and as far as I learnt this kind of files can only be managed by that software.

So, first of all I had to convert the .spb file into a more common file format as .vcf. To do so, you basically will have to open the Samsung Kies software on the PC, open the last saved .spb file and save the file again as .vsf manually. For more detailed information have a look at this link:

http://www.file-extensions.org/spb-file-extension

Then you import the new created. vsf-files to Outlook, or gmail or to another phone. Afterwards you use the "Transfer my Data"-app for file-transfer via Bluetooth with the other phone or sync your Outlook, gmail, etc. account with your Lumia phone.

P.S.
"What is SPB file extension?

File type specification:

Backup file type icon Backup file type

The SPB file extension is mainly related to Samsung Kies, a software used for communication between latest Samsung devices, such as Samsung Galaxy or Samsung Omnia mobile phones.

A *.spb file contains list of contacts from Samsung devices saved in Samsung Kies program. There is currently no way how to convert this file.

However, users who would like to have their contacts saved in VCF file format, can try these few steps:

Open your Samsung Kies software

Open your last saved *.spb file

Save the file again in VCF format in the file name area

Go to the default folder where *.spb files are saved (C:\Users\ _\Documents\samsung\Kies\PIMS\)

Locate the *.vcf file.

Select all contacts and copy them in a directory (contacts)

Connect your Samsung device to PC and copy the directory (contacts) in to the SD card

Disconnect your Samsung device

Select the contact icon

Press left key and select Import Contacts From SD"

Source: http://www.file-extensions.org/spb-file-extension

If you find a different way to solve this, please get in touch with me, I´m always interested to find new ways of solution.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

You can also convert the contacts to a .CSV file and the upload it via contacts.live.com

P.S. That is where your phone contacts are synched when you have a Windows Phone the same as contacts.google.com
Please use plain text.
danish_az

i tried the link and i m able to download the file but i m not able to install it.. although i m using updated windows 7 and my cell is lumia 620. is there any pc suit which connects to Lumia 620,, after all its Nokia cellphone.. hasnt nokia developed any PC interface software for it..!!  ???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mthimbinator

unlike the nokia pc suite, you cant download apps and update your phone's software with windows phone application... so can we expect some software that is just like the nokia pc suite + compatible with windows phone 8 phones??

Please use plain text.