Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Multimedia Transfer for Mac 1.4.3 availa...

Employee

Nokia Multimedia Transfer for Mac 1.4.3 available

[ Edited ]

Hi,

A new version of Nokia Multimedia Transfer for Mac (1.4.3) is now available. There are no major changes, but this version already includes all the latest device profiles. The device profiles will also be available for version 1.4.2 later.

http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/software/NMT_1_4_3.zip

Cheers,
Teemu

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
OCTAVIAN_ZHICH

Re: Nokia Multimedia Transfer for Mac 1.4.3 available

Finger cross!

:squint: :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Won't work. Via 'check for updates' within software downloads to the end then just stops or via link above 'decompression failed'.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
egnm69

Hi,
I've just installed it on my my Mac (OSX Lion 10.7.2) and it doesn't work. You click the icon and nothing happens. There's no visible sign of the program running, i.e. an icon for the program appearing & bouncing on the dock until the program starts.
Hope you can help as I need to install Nokia Maps onto my phone & without it I can't run Nokia Map Loader !

Thanks,
Ed
Please use plain text.
vsolmx

NMT install 1.4.3 on Mac OS X. 7 (Lion) and if it works, first uninstall the previous version 1.4.2 and the new zip installs itself.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
egnm69

Sorry but uninstalling the old version & then installing the new version doesn't work, or for that matter installing the new version OVER the old version doesn't work either :-(
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
uzsqsb

One important difference between NMT 1.4.2 and 1.4.3 seems to be the supported platform:

1.4.2 is Universal binary while 1.4.3 looks like intel only. Therefore it would be great if 1.4.2 is also kept available for download as legacy support for customers using modern Nokia Phones but old Macs :-)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MacCuco

Good News!

Version 1.4.2 is still available.

Try this link:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/nokia-multimedia-transfer/download

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
strawhousepig

MacCuco wrote:

Good News!

Version 1.4.2 is still available.

Try this link:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/nokia-multimedia-transfer/download

Please, the above post needs to made a sticky, along with a link to where the current and future versions of this software can be found. The auto-update (1.4.2 - > 1.4.3) does not complete for me and this topic is the *only* information I found about it on a Nokia domain.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
horizonscanner

Tried to update to 1.4.3 on Lion - application seems to download ok but then nothing happens, "Downloading update..." stays on the screen

Please use plain text.
dubgirl

I am trying to download this too and it downloads but then at the end says 'Decompression failed'.....what is going on? 

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi,

Sorry for all the inconvenience. There seems to be something wrong with the zip package. If you are using Safari, the download succeeds, but decompression fails in Safari. Simply show the file in Finder and decompress it with Archive Utility or similar. With other browsers (Firefox, Chrome) the download should work normally.

Cheers,

Teemu

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rosch100

It does not work on OSX 10.7.3

The update from NMT 1.4.2 hangs after download and when trying to start the manually downloaded NMT, it just wont start.

Hang on to 1.4.2 until Nokia fixes this...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wsjouke

Found that the update to 1.4.3 froze after downloading. Decided to uninstall and install the download from website. Big mistake. 1.4.3 does not run on OS 10.5.8. Version 1.4.2 has disappeared. So, now back to version 1.3 .....

Any more bright updates?

Please use plain text.
mari0001

I have Mac OSX 10.7.3. and  Nokia C5-00 with Maps v. 3.04

Installing NMT 1.4.3 to Mac OSX 10.7.3.  went ok.

When I try to create an USB connection nothing happens, my C5-00 doesn't show at all on the Multimedia Transfer Setup view's device list.

When trying to connect via Bluetooth "Nokia C5-00.2 (unsupported)" appears on the device list with light grey and "searching for devices" goes on. Anyhow tried to use Map loader (1.1 (904M)) but it doesn't recognize any connection to C5-00.

How does one upload maps to C5-00? 

Br,

Maria

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BassemN8

I tried it, but it didn't have the features I want.  

I don't use iPhoto for images or iTunes for videos, and would prefer to sync with folders instead.  

Ideally I want folders for Music, Videos, and Images, each of which automatically syncs between Mac and phone. 

Do you have any plans to implement such features in the future?  

Until then, sadly, this is not useable for me.  =(

Please use plain text.
pesukone

[ Edited ]

$ file NMT_1_4_3.zip

NMT_1_4_3.zip: POSIX tar archive

$tar xfvz NMT_1_4_3.zip

x Nokia Multimedia Transfer.app/

x Nokia Multimedia Transfer.app/Contents/

x Nokia Multimedia Transfer.app/Contents/._Info.plist

x Nokia Multimedia Transfer.app/Contents/Info.plist

x Nokia Multimedia Transfer.app/Contents/MacOS/

x Nokia Multimedia Transfer.app/Contents/PkgInfo

x Nokia Multimedia Transfer.app/Contents/Resources

The file is not a Zip even the suffix says so. There might be some wrong just because of that. The Unarchiver app for example can change the way that the file is opened due to suffix.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Darvade

Just to mention that this realease doesn't work: message is "Decompression failed".

Robert

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Darvade

Sorry it works 

Robert

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Matt2026

Hello, can anyone get the 1.4.3 program to work with the new C2-05 slide phone please? I'm using Mac OSX 10.6.8 snowleoperd and the 1.4.3 multimedia program will run, it just wont recognise my phone.
Please use plain text.