Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N70 and PC Suite Connectivity Issue

Nokia N70 and PC Suite Connectivity Issue

I have a PC running Windows XP Service pack 2 and a Nokia N70. The problem i am having is that i cannot get the phone to connect to the PC via bluetooth. I go through the get connected steps without problem, the phone is recognised and states "you now have a bluetooth connection available". However when you exit that screen PC suite still says no phones connected. Bluetooth manager shows the phone as paired and connected.

Phone Firmware v2.05371.17
18/09/05
RM-84

PC Suite version 6.6.18

Any ideas??

Regards

Simon
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Nokia N70 and PC Suite Connectivity Issue

Hi had the same problem today. I thing it is not a phone problem but a computer problem. Same registry keys faild. I tried to remove them and reinstall the program bu nothing happens so i formated my pc and istall from the beginning everything and pc suite worls just fine.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

28-Nov-2005
06:57 PM
simon340 wrote:
I have a PC running Windows XP Service pack 2 and a Nokia N70. The problem i am having is that i cannot get the phone to connect to the PC via bluetooth. I go through the get connected steps without problem, the phone is recognised and states "you now have a bluetooth connection available". However when you exit that screen PC suite still says no phones connected. Bluetooth manager shows the phone as paired and connected.

Phone Firmware v2.05371.17
18/09/05
RM-84

PC Suite version 6.6.18

Any ideas??

Regards

Simon

what bluetooth drivers are you using?
Please use plain text.

As far as i am aware just the standard one included with XP SP2. Incidentally i have tried exactly the same install on my desktop and got the same result i.e. Nokia connection manager found the phone, passcode request appeared on the phone then Nokia connection manager stated new connection available when code was entered yet no phones available still appears in PC Suite.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

its possible you have more than one driver installed, take a look in control panel, how many bluetooth icons can you see?
Please use plain text.

I've just resolved it. I tried connecting the phone to a colleagues compuer and it worked. I decided the only thing that was common to the two computers on which i was having a problem was the bluetooth dongle (which was quite old) i have bought a new one and installed the necessary drivers and it works!!
Still not sure why it didn't work as the drivers were the same as those on the machine of my colleagues that worked (eg the ones built into XP SP2.

Anyway fustration over (fingers crossed!)
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

glad you got that sorted!
Please use plain text.