Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia N73 + Pc suite (backup from phone mem to mem...

Registered Member

Nokia N73 + Pc suite (backup from phone mem to mem card)

I've got an n73 with a 1gb mini sd card.

I used the mem card to backup the phone memory and now when I go to restore it back to the phone I get an error "start up failed please contact retailer"

I've managed to fix that error via a Master reset (3* and green button on power up). I think that the data on the mem car is corrupt, however I've got all my contacts on there, is there any way that PC suite can read the backup data on the mem card.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Umster
Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: Nokia N73 + Pc suite (backup from phone mem to mem card)

PC Suite is not able to read backup file on memory card.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Access the Card using a Memory Card Reader Via PC. You should get the files on it. Copy the file from the Backup folder (make sure "show hidden files is set to On" in Folder Options under Tools in Windows Explorer) to a Safe Place on you PC. Format the Card with the Usb Reader & then format the Card again with the Phone.

Connect the Card via USB & select Mass Storage Mode. Transfer the File you copied earlier to the Backup folder on it. Click "Safely remove Hardware" Icon in the Taskbar. Select the USB Device & click Stop using this Device. Disonnect the Cable when Windows notifies you that it is now safe to remove the Device.

Again Connect the Cable in PC Suite mode. Use PC suite to restore your Backup.

Ravi.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thanks Ravi,

I will give it a go and let you know.

Best Regards

Umster
Please use plain text.